Friday Night Lights

Chapter 13

"This should be fun," Keith said, parking old red. The parking lot was slam packed full of cars and people. Family members, students, and fans talked joyfully and excitedly as they headed to the fields front gates.

Friday night lights was officially in motion.

"Why are there so many people? It seems like a lot more people than I remember," said Pidge. She knew her voice sounded mousy and shy, and it was because it was crowded.
It was so crowded and she was worried because she didn't like people.

"It just feels and looks like there are more because you're nervous," commented Keith.

"I am so nervous. Do I have to do this?" She whined.

"Yes, you do. Now come on, I have to be at the locker room to get changed."

Groaning, the brunette climbed out and made sure to straighten her high thigh socks.

"Pidge!" One of the girls from the squad called. She was a bouncy blonde named Whitney who had helped the brunette out a lot when it came to poses and positioning. Especially while being up in the air. "I'm so glad I caught you before you went in."

Pidge gave her a quizzical look.

Bright green streamers and strings hung from the blonde's hand. The vibrant color matched the green in both of their uniforms. "Green is your favorite color, right? I made sure to grab blue, too, just in case. I know I've seen you wear both a lot."

"I wonder why that is," Keith smirked, rounding the hood to stand with the two girls. He wasn't asking a question, just being a smart ass.

So I wear a lot of blue because it's Lance's favorite color, so what.

Actually, since she has both....

"Can I use both?" Pidge asked the cheerleader, choosing not to respond to Keith's nitpicking.

"Sure!"

"What are they for anyways?" asked Keith. He grabbed the blue streamers from the blonde as she pulled them from her bag. Pidge grabbed the green.

"They are hair accessories. You just add them to your ponytail," answered Pidge. She reached behind her to wrap the colorful strings around her elastic. Then she took the ones from the Asian and mix matched them in different ways. Some hung over the top while others laid under her long tresses.

"Perfect!" Whitney cheered. "I'll see you out there." She left with a grin and hop in her step.

Preppy cheerleaders.

"Alright, let's go. Everyone else is probably already on the field doing pre- game warmups." The Asian grabbed her hand and started to drag her.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Lance scanned over the bleachers every couple of seconds for a certain petite squad member. The bleachers were crammed almost shoulder to shoulder, and people were still filling in.

It didn't really bother the Cuban, though. He believed the more the merrier. But he knew a certain someone wouldn't see it that way and most likely be sick with nerves. which, in return, made him feel sick because how could he not worry over her. She was going to be doing complicated types of moves and have the ground swept out from underneath her every few minutes. I mean, there was a chance he would get tackled by 200+ sized males, and he still wasn't nearly as terrified for himself as he was for the brunette.

She'd probably kill him for even thinking it, but she was a vulnerable and fragile little thing.
Where he could take a hit, she would break upon impact.