Damn hoodie

Chapter 7 

Pidge was warm, happy, and perfectly content with whatever she had snuggled into that smelled so good. "Katie, get up! You are gonna be late for school!" 

Key word. Was

The voice that had yelled at her sounded a lot like Matt and she wondered for only a second why he was home until the memory of the day before came hurtling back. The movie, dinner, Keith, Lance, and Hunk. She even vaguely remembered falling asleep in the chair while they played games. 

Matty must have taken her to bed. 

Getting up, the brunette grabbed her glasses from the nightstand and gradually, if not reluctantly, walked to her bathroom. The bright illuminating lights above her sink forced her to squint at her own reflection and she almost squealed at the sight of Lance's hoodie still on her body. 

Did he really not take it?
She just assumed he would have had Matt take it off her when he laid her down for bed. Maybe even tried to wake her to ask for it. Lord, was the jacket what she had buried herself in this morning? Oh no, had he really rode home in the cold night without a jacket?!

Now he was going to be sick. Idiot. She was gonna kill him. 

"PIDGE!!" Matt yelled very loudly through the floor. Rolling her eyes, the brunette stripped of her clothes and climbed into the shower. She made sure to hang the hoodie, careful not to wrinkle it, on the hook of the door. 

A shower was probably her favorite part, if not the only part, of her morning. It was how she rejuvenated herself and woke herself up to deal with the new challenges of the day. Which as of now, mostly consisted of a certain Cuban best friend of hers. It amazed her how much more she reacted to him and thought about him since her little crush had come to light. She knew she blushed before. He was attractive, how could she not? It was no different then when she blushed around a shirtless Keith when they were younger. Except...she sees her neighbor as a brother.

Lance definitely hadn't been giving her brotherly vibes lately.

But she guessed if the crush was going to pass soon anyways, he would eventually start to. Because this was nothing more than just a soon-to-be fading infatuation.   

 “Katie, are you listening to me?!” Matt yelled once again, banging the door to her bathroom wide open.   

Did he not know what privacy was?!

“Matty!” she screeched. “Get the hell out!”

“Why didn't you answer me?!” 

Sighing, Pidge pulled the curtain back and gave her older brother a dry look. He was standing in the doorway with a slight miffed look on his face. 

The big baby.

“I manage to be on time everyday you're not here to pester me out of bed. What makes you think I can't do it today?” she asked as she closed the curtain back and leaned down to turn the water off. 

“Because Keith left for early morning practice and asked if I could wake you up and take you to school.”

Wrapping a towel around herself from the rack beside the shower, she started to pull the curtain back. “Ok, thanks for letting me know. Still doesn't explain why you’ve been yelling like a lunatic all morning.”

Matching her look of calm and aloofness, Matt grabbed the knob to the bathroom door and began to walk out, pulling it behind him. “Well I thought you would have wanted to know that it's currently 8:01 and you are now officially late.”

The loud curse that followed after, made the older sibling smile.

♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡