A cheerleader's nightmare

Chapter 12 

It took everything the brunette had to climb out of her bed and place her feet onto the frigid floor of her room. She had forgotten to close her window once again after another late visit from Keith and it seemed the temperatures dropped even more overnight. 

So, the pleasant but quick shower she had did wonders for her and surprisingly put her in a good mood.

You know, considering the nightmare she had awaiting her for the day. 

"Do you have your gym bag?" asked Matt from the front driver's seat. He had agreed to drive her to school so Keith could go to the field with Lotor again. Apparently, the captain really wanted to get in some extra workouts that morning for the first game and Keith was an excellent partner to train with. 

"Sadly," she smirked. 

"Good, don't die at practice," he said, ruffling her long hair. Pushing his offending hand away, she leaned over the center console and gave him a hug. 

"Don't tempt me." 

He laughed and she opened the door and closed it behind her, walking towards the girls locker room. Usually she would have headed to the school's gym for early morning practice when it was held, but it seemed Allura made the decision to have practice out on the field sidelines again. 

Terrific.

Now all the boys on the team were going to see her in her workout clothes. And that was going to be almost as bad as having to wear the skimpy uniform for the game later that night. 

Opening the doors to the changing room, she was relieved and pleasantly surprised to have it empty of all people.

She absolutely hated having to undress in front of anyone and getting into one of the curtained stalls with everyone else in the locker room was almost impossible. 

The brunette was self conscious of her body ever since junior high. Kids had compared her figure to that of a boy and even though she had filled out in the hips and chest area over the years, she still noticed that she didn't quite meet the standard size for females her age. 
It was embarrassing and she was worried how she would be perceived in such a tight uniform that was issued to the squad. 

Pulling the curtain shut, she pulled out the clothes in her gym bag. It consisted of just a simple blue crop top t-shirt and a pair of black yoga pants. She switched out her green converse for a set of old black ones, figuring they would work better in the dirt and grass. 

Tugging off her shirt, Pidge stopped abruptly to look at the skin on her upper arm. 
The purple and dark color caught her eye and she noticed a bruise covering the appendage.

Ding

A notification alert sounded from her phone, telling her she had a message and Pidge grabbed it. 

Princess: Practice is about to start. Don't be late.

She rolled her eyes, pulling the crop top on. 

The sleeve seemed to cover the mark pretty well, provided she didn't move much. Which…meant cheering created a problem.

Huffing, she untied a black squad bandana that Allura had given her Monday morning and wrapped it around the width of her arm, successfully covering the bruise. 

Hopefully no one questioned her about it and just thought it was a representation of her supporting the team.

Tucking her mobile into the tight spandex pocket on her pants, the brunette zipped up her bag and threw it over her shoulder. The Nike gym bag was a dark green with a thick shoulder strap and she had to tighten it almost all the way so that it hung around hip level. It was Matt's old bag after all and it didn't really fit her small size well.