Miserable Pidge

Chapter 11

"Give me a G! Give me an E! Give me a T-U-P! What does that spell? Get up! Up! Up! U-AHH!"
Matt fell to the floor with a yell as a pillow was thrown at him from his very irritated little sister. 

"One more word and I'll pummel you," she mumbled from under her comforter. 

She was not in the mood.

Allura had roped her into cheering at Friday's game as a temporary squad member at practice. It was at least until their flyer returned from being sick. Which Pidge hoped would be after the first game.

So, of course when Matt found out, he had a field day. Loving and enjoying what little time he had to tease his sister about being a preppy little cheerleader. Something she practically swore never to be.

It was already Thursday and officially the beginning of the spooky season. October was in full swing and so was Garrison's highschool event week. 

Monday had been filled with chaos as students from the Decorating committee hung multi colored streamers from just about every doorway. Signs about the upcoming game were plastered on almost every wall. 
The halls, littered with blue, green, red, and yellow. 

In her opinion, it was ridiculous. But to everyone else, it was amazing. 

"She's still not up, Matt?" She heard Keith ask from her window before a thump of his feet followed. 

"Nope and i'm out of ideas. She has like 20 minutes."

Pidge didn't care If she was going to be late. Ever since she joined the stupid squad, sorry forced, she had been exhausted. 
All the routines that were repeated over and over, all the practices almost every morning and afternoon….the brunette was sore all over. Not to mention it was interfering with her time with Lance. 

The Cuban was a little peeved about that as well. He had even asked the cheer captain at lunch about easing up and letting him have his best friend back.

But no such luck. The girls had to be perfect for the first Friday night lights and with the brunette being the only high flyer, she was a key part. Which meant she had to be at every practice. 

Every. Single. One

A groan sounded from her bed. 

"Look at the bright side, Pidge. After today, you'll have the game tomorrow and then all of this will be over. It's just like having one more practice. In your case, the last practice," offered Keith. She felt him grip the ends of her blanket near her feet. "Now be a big girl and get up." The comforter was stripped from her and she squealed. Cold air violated her skin, sending goosebumps everywhere. 

"It's not just like the last practice," she huffed, pulling her arms into her shirt for warmth and sitting up to look at the two boys. 

Her vision was slightly blurry as she hadn't grabbed her glasses yet and she squinted at them. "It's me in an obscenely short skirt and tight shirt. It's me having to be lifted and tossed like a rag doll in said skirt, in front of almost the whole school and their family members." 

"It's one time," Matt smirked.

"One time too many. One time that should never be happening," she whined, throwing her head face down into her pillow. 

"Stop being a big baby. I didn't complain this much when I was forced to play football. At least you had a choice to say no." 
Two cold hands slipped beneath her waist and pulled at her once in warning before completely lifting her from the bed. 

Keith had her wrapped up in his arms as he carried her over to the bathroom and pushed her right in. "Shower and get dressed. I'll have breakfast waiting for you in the truck."