Dress shopping and weird stalking

Chapter 28 

Saturday, November 23rd 

Thanksgiving break, as of yesterday, was officially in full swing. Which was great. Pidge was totally excited for it….

Except she kinda wasn't. 

Sure. Getting out of school was great. Not learning in a boring and stuffy atmosphere for once was sure to be awesome. 

But she didn't have Lance. She didn't get to see her friends. The very people who were keeping her sane through the weeks were all currently unavailable or at least, were going to be unavailable. Soon. 

Lance had already messaged her that early morning letting her know that his family had already started to pour in and he wasn't going to have much time to talk or text. He was busy and she understood that. Big family. 

Hunk told all of them he would be putting his phone in a box for the rest of the break for bonding time; his mom's choice and Lotor was definitely not available as he was already headed out of town with his parents. 

Sheriff Zarkon was not a person you wanted to annoy and his son not paying attention was sure to aggravate him in some way. 
He was a very strict man and his wife wasn't much different. 

Allura had made plans to go dress shopping for the formal early, begging the brunette constantly the day after the cuban asked and repeating how imperative it was that they got to the stores before the dresses were picked over. And seeing as they already had their dates, they could go ahead and buy what they needed. 

Somehow the princess even managed to rope in the asian next door. Keith was going stag/ kinda sharing her with Lance and that meant he had to buy a suit. Which made Pidge feel a little better. She didn't want to be left alone with the princess, someone who was an expert at picking nice things.
Dress buying honestly frightened Pidge and she kinda hated that she had agreed to go that afternoon but she couldn't bring herself to completely hate it. She was getting to spend some time with a friend or two before they all became busy. Everyone one of them besides her had something to do and she knew the week ahead was going to be extremely boring because of it. 

Her parents had already left early that morning for their anniversary trip, warning her about what not to do around the house. Because she was so going to play with matches and leave the stove top on. 

What was she? 12.

The two older Holts had kissed their two children on the head before telling them, again, that they would be back before Thanksgiving and finally left the brunette and her older brother alone with the house. 

Well technically her, Matt, and Shiro, alone with the house. The med student had all but collapsed from exhaustion on his boyfriend's bed the night before. 

"Remind me why we have to do this today?" Keith asked from where he positioned himself on her bed with his feet propped up on the wall and his head hanging low off the side. The asian had snuck in while she was showering and happily made himself at home while he waited for her to get ready. 

Now they both waited for the cheer captain to show and pick them up so they could go to the mall. 

The terrible horrible mall.

"Allura is afraid there won't be anything left on the racks if she waits," the brunette answered him from where she sat at her desk, scrolling through her emails on her computer. "Something about it being better to have a wide variety to choose from."

"Must be a chick thing."

She turned her swivel chair towards him, taking what he said as an offensive comment. "Excuse me, sir. But not all chicks, as you call us,  worry about winter formal or looking nice for a bunch of classmates."