Alone

Chapter 29

Tuesday, November 26th

As of three hours ago, Pidge was officially on her own and the sole watcher of the Holt household until late Wednesday night. 

Matt had left with Shiro for the last round of finals for the semester and wouldn't be returning until Thanksgiving afternoon. They both only had three tests that day but wanted to spend Wednesday together as a couple for their first turkey holiday in their new apartment. Completely understandable. Who wouldn't want to start their own tradition as a couple. 

"Whatcha thinking, Cosmo? Ramen noodles or frozen pizza?" She asked, catching the dogs attention and making his ears twitch at the sound of her talking to him. The K9 had fully settled down beside her as she read a few of the books Keith had gifted her for her birthday and slept comfortably with his head heavily laid in her lap. 

It was a sign of a true lazy day for the both of them. No one had called, no one had texted, and the only time she had seen anyone besides her retreating brother that early morning was when Shiro was saying goodbye to his dad and Keith. All three of them were on their way out because the asian had been waking up around 6am to go to work with the doctor. 

Which was astounding to her seeing as her brother had to all but drag her from her cocoon just to say goodbye. 

A whine from the pup was heard and she decided to take it as some form of answer as she rose from the couch, dog loyally following behind her. "Pizza it is." 

After idling around the kitchen to wait for her food to cook, the brunette split the pizza down the middle, ate her half, and then placed the rest into a large silver dog bowl kept inside the cabits just for the very reason of feeding Cosmo scraps. 

"Here you go, bud," she said, scratching the large husky behind his ear as she settled the bowl down for him to dig into. Which he did do, very vehemently. "I'll be upstairs showering if you need me." 
He didn't make any sound or indication that he cared and she figured that was her cue to leave him to his dinner. 

It wasn't like she actually needed a shower. She hadn't left the house or really done anything productive the entire day and she certainly wasn't going anywhere the next day, so a shower was unnecessary. 

But while unneeded, it would give her something to do before she headed to bed. The brunette had already read as much as her eyes would physically let her. Nothing was interesting on TV. She had seen all the movies they owned, and she was left to talk to herself and occasionally to a dog that barely responded. 
Pidge was bored and it was way too early for bed.

So shower it was. 

Walking up and into her bedroom the brunette reached for the mobile that hadn't moved from it's spot all day and glanced over one or two notifications that her mother had sent her. 

7:36
Life giver: Sweetheart, I just wanted to remind you that you need to go online and reorder your contacts. You don't want to wait too long and not have them in time for classes next week. I know you'd rather have them than glasses. 

It was funny that her mom said that because lately the brunette hadn't minded the frames. A true shocker, there. They were large enough to stay out of her vision and light enough to where she sometimes mistakened them for having contacts in. 
People also weren't as bad about them as she had originally thought either. Besides the one time incident with Griffin's friends, not a single person had really commented in a negative way and as a pro to add onto that, Lance was very happy when she continued to show up in them. 

And when he was happy, she was happy. 

So maybe they weren't so bad after all and maybe...she could wait on getting some more contacts. 

Blue Moon (Plance highschool AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara