Honey

Chapter 36

Saturday, December 7th
8:30am 

Something apparent had been brought to Lance's attention.

His Pidgeon was angry with him. More than angry, actually. She was hurt by him.

And he didn't know why. 

The brunette had not wanted him to touch her the night before, had catapulted out of his arms as if he carried the bubonic plague, and had stared into his eyes as if he killed her little adoring cactus. It was like he went from being her favorite person to her worst enemy in the span of minutes...seconds. All for a reason that was unknown to him. A reason that he needed to figure out because Lance didn't like the silence. He didn't like that the love of his life was ignoring his calls and not answering his text. 

All 57 of them…

He didn't like that she had looked at him with such a large amount of hurt that it internally broke him down to the point of tears. Tears, that had leaked continuously down his cheeks as he forced himself to walk away from her and Allura. He had to force himself not to turn around and demand why his Pidge was upset with him. 

Because whatever he did, Lance had messed up. 

Lance had royally fucked up. 

And it was imperative to his sanity that he found out why and fixed it. 

There was nothing he cared about more than her and if he couldn't get things back to where they were...back to where he had a chance at more, then it was important to try and at least get it back to where they were okay.

Which was why he stood on the Holt's front porch so early in the morning, waiting for someone to open the door. To fix things. 
"Lance?" Colleen was bewildered as she opened her door to reveal a determined but nervous cuban. "It's not even 9 yet, hun. What are you doing here?" He supposed he was ridiculously early. Something he was probably going to have to pay for when he had to go up and try to pry the brunette from her bed but…

He couldn't sleep all night and waiting until any later would have certainly killed him. "I was wondering if I could take Pidge out for breakfast?" He asked, stepping in as she made room for him. Lance made sure to sic a pleading look on her. One he was sure she wouldn't be able to resist. 

It worked on his best friend all the time, so why not try it on her mom too. 

Colleen sighed, a motherly look covering her features as she eyed him. "Lance, you and I both know that you've been told the rules." 

"Please, Mrs. H? I know I'm not on your list of people who can watch her but I promise she'll be okay." He pleaded. The cuban wasn't sure if he was high up enough on the familiar scale with the Italian woman but he liked to think that she cared about him enough to tolerate a little amount of his childish begging. "I'm only wanting to take her to the diner and back." 

The mother placed her hands on her hips and smirked at him. It was a look that he had seen many times on his best friend but only a tad bit more intimidating.  
 "Just the diner? Slav's?" She asked him with a raised and fine brow. He nodded eagerly without hesitation, making sure that she understood he wasn't going to take any time to lie to her. "Why so early?" 

The cuban wondered if Pidge had mentioned anything to her mother about what had happened the night before. Surely Dr. Kolvian would have said something about why she returned home without him and with a friend instead. 
Or did Keith not tell his dad everything? Perhaps he had lied to his father and Colleen was none the wiser. Thinking that everything was fine when in reality Lance had somehow broken her little girl's heart…