Friends dont

Chapter 34 

Friday, December 6th

"Hey, Pidge!" The brunette was greeted with great enthusiasm as she walked through the library doors by her redhead friend who eagerly bounced over to her. Ezor was bright and bubbly with glee practically bursting out of every seam of her being. "I have a question for you…" She sing songed. Hunk, who still stood next to his small friend, glanced over to Pidge with a curious glint. 

It was expected and understandable for him to look at her like he did. He didn't really know much about the two girls that she had befriended in study hall. So, seeing a joyful redhead smiling wide at them in a blue mini skirt and bright red thigh high socks...it was different for him. 

Especially when Ezor's style was a complete opposite from the brunettes. 

Pidge smiled at the burly teen before directing it on the girl in kind. "What is it?" She asked. 

Ezor grinned, "Can you help Zethrid and I hang some decorations in the halls? The game tonight is against Olkarion Cobras and with how good they can be-"

"We've got our hands full." Hunk said, interrupting. "They are super smart when it comes to making plays." Football talk was a topic he could talk to anyone about.

"But we are still going to shove them in the dirt!" The burly teen laughed, offering a high five with gusto to the energetic girl. 

Pidge sighed, a release of her miserable exhaustion. She had entirely let the fact about having a game slip her mind. No one had really mentioned it to her over the week and with how practice had been affected due to the weather, she didn't think anything of it. Why would Lance not remind her…? He never let her forget about one of his games. Certainly not one that was as important as this one. Was it because she was grounded? Did he not want to boast about the game because he figured she wouldn't be able to come? 

Olkarion High was skilled and brilliant. Their academic numbers in technology were outstanding and off the charts. Not to mention their ability to maintain a team and work together well, was amazing. It was how they won four national championships in a row. Two of which, the lions of Altea had rivaled them in. 

Playing against them was a big deal for not only the school, but her friends and now that she knew...she really wanted to go and support them. 

But that probably wasn't going to happen.

"You wouldn't happen to be a cheerleader, would you?" 

Ezor shook her head but giggled, "No, but I do get that a lot." 

"Ezor is on the decorating committee with Allura. So is her girlfriend," explained Pidge as she offered up a small introduction of sorts. Even though the two had never really met, she always had a feeling that their personalities would work well together and click. 

It seemed that she was correct in that assumption.

Go her. 

"Sweet. Well I've got to head to my own class but it was great meeting you." He shook her hand. "Perhaps we can talk some more sometime." The girl agreed with a quick nod and then waved as he walked away. "See you girls later." 

"So?!" The red head started again. Her bounce was back as she hopped a couple times. How much sugar does she eat in a day? "Will you?! Your size is perfect." 
So I've been told. Cheerleading- Perfect for flying. 
Football- Perfect for being a stupid ball
And now, for whatever reason, she was apparently the perfect size for decorating. 

Why…in the hell, was she perfect for that? 

"Uh." With Christmas break being as close as it was, all classes were mostly just review. That meant that study hall was pretty much useless and she wouldn't really have much to do to pass the time.