Want

Chapter 32 

Monday, December 2nd 

Pidge couldn't have been any more happy as she sat at the lunch table surrounded by her friends. Her mom and dad had been okay for the most part when it came to her punishment and what the rules mostly consisted of. They would still let her go over to Keith's house and stay as long as she wanted. She could still go off with Matt when he went somewhere, and she could still drive to other places besides school as long as she had an adult in the car with her. 

So yeah, they had been fine and reasonable. Not too pushy. 

At least not until her dad came home from his meeting with Lotor's dad. 

The head of Altea's finest had been merciless with filling her father's ears with warnings and information of what could happen when it came to someone of her gender, age, and stature, being stalked. The commander had come home in a panicked rant on how so much needed to be changed with how they were treating the situation.

That letting her walk across the yard was too much. Letting her drive with just any adult was too risky. Matt and Shiro were okay to be trusted with her but Keith, 18 or not, wasn't enough. Sam had ultimately lost it while talking to his wife and unfortunately somewhere during the conversation and worried ramblings the man had spouted from his mouth, he ended up convincing Colleen that they needed to take extra precautions. 

So now, the brunette could drive alone to school but only if she downloaded a location app on her phone so they could see her whereabouts and texted both of them once she had arrived inside the school building. Pidge could hang out with her friends but it had to be at home and in the house. She couldn't go anywhere with anybody unless it was with the chosen people they had selected and that list consisted of, 
Mom 
Dad 
Matt 
Shiro 
And in a situation where it might call for it, Dr. Kolvian. 

Usually, the girl considered school as a personal prison but with all the rules she had been given when it involved going anywhere but her home...the house of education was a new heaven. 

"I hate to say it, Pidgeon. But I get where your parents are coming from," Lance said as he leaned back into his seat beside her. "Some things might be a little much but regardless of that, I agree." 

"Same here," Hunk commented. "Besides, it's not like we have anything planned and if anything does come up we can just make sure we do it at your house." 

Everyone nodded along with that and she knew that they would all stand by it. There wouldn't be a group hangout unless she was able to attend in some way.

"Sorry about my father, Pidge. He can be too aggressive when it comes to his job." Lotor didn't have to apologize on his father's behalf. It wasn't his place nor was it his fault that his dad was such a hard ass. 

She smiled to reassure him, "It's okay, Lotor. You didn't do anything." 

"Yeah and we all know how daddy Zarkon can be," Lance added. 

"And even though he probably said too much, it was all probably true. The sheriff doesn't want anything to happen so he advised Commander Holt to be more careful," said Keith. He was right on that. It didn't matter if Zarkon scared her dad, he told the truth and gave out facts on what could happen. So there wasn't any point in being mad about it. 

"Can we move on from this, please? I'm tired of dwelling on my time consuming groundishment when I'm supposed to be enjoying the little time I have out of the house." The brunette would much prefer a topic that could distract her from her problems. 

Allura spoke next, "I actually wanted to let everyone know that formal tickets will start being sold tomorrow afternoon." 

Oh great. Now she needed a distraction for that subject as well. She still hadn't let Lance know that the formal was probably included within the rules of staying home and that she hadn't gotten a direct answer from her parents.