Brothers

Chapter 15

October 19th

"Ok. Not that I mind hanging out with you two but where exactly are we going?" asked Pidge.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is considered kidnapping," said Keith. They were both sitting in the back of Matt's Mustang while Shiro and her brother sat up front. 

"If I was going to kidnap a child, it wouldn't be you," commented Shiro, amusement lacing his voice. "And we are just going to our place. We are redecorating and need a little help." 

The brunette raised an eyebrow at her brother through the rear view mirror. "Your dorm is the size of a small bedroom. What is there to redecorate?" 

"There lying to us, Pidge. They are just tired of being alone and decided to steal children so that they can finally have a family of their own," Keith joked, crossing his arms and kicking his older brother's seat.

"Oh ha ha. We just want to spend time with our siblings. Is that so bad?" Asked Matt, looking in the mirror to meet his little sister's eyes. "Don't you guys want to spend the day with us?"

Of course she did. And even if Keith acted like he'd rather die, she knew he did too.

She had been so excited when she woke up to find Matt sitting at her computer desk. A bit curious as to what he was doing in her room, but excited when he finally explained that he was taking up her Saturday to hang out with him. 

She missed hanging out with him. He was home a lot, sure. But she noticed due to classes and large assignments, it was less than usual. Not to mention her own school time intervened.

"No, you're both old and lame," Keith insulted jokingly.
"And by the way, if we are heading to your dorm, then why are we going this way?"

"Yeah, I've never been this way before," the brunette said. She and Keith had driven to the boy's college dorm multiple times before and she didn't recognize the route they were taking.

"We have to stop by Walmart to get a couple of things to redecorate with and some snacks for later," Matt told her. 

Keith leaned against the window and placed his legs into his friend's lap. "Whatever, but I'm getting bagel bites." 

Shiro laughed, "You honestly think I already wouldn't have them?" 

A vibration from Pidge's jean pocket goes off and she reached for her phone.

Loverboy: What's our plans for the day, Pidgey? I've got a clear schedule.

Crap, Lance wanted to hang out, and she wasn't home.  

Pidgeon: Sorry, Lance. Hanging out at Shiro and Matt's dorm. They picked Keith and I up this morning.

An instant reply popped onto her screen before she could even look up from her phone.  

L: What?! 
L: You chose mullet over me?!

She sighed. Of course, he would see it that way.

P: Didn't really have a choice. They didn't even tell us where we were going until now.

"They better be pepperoni."

Shiro turned in his seat, looking at Keith. "As if there is anything better." 

The brunette rolled her eyes.

L: what for?

P: Keith is convinced it's abduction but they just want some help decorating their dorm.