Chapter 34: Divulge

Start from the beginning

"Hello, you two! Good evening," she said, rather cordially, "I never thought you'd turn up. Thanks for coming!"

"Listen, if you're up to some funny business we will—" Chat put down Ladybug's lifted fist.

"Calm down! I'm here to do the opposite," she said nervously.

"That's great." She let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry, it was rude of me to accuse you of having bad intentions," Ladybug admitted. "So are we late?"

"Actually, you're early." She beamed cheerfully. "Oh, and I believe I haven't introduced myself.

"My name is Eunice Laurent, a student in Françoise Dupont High School. I'm temporarily employed, and I'll tell you more about it later," she addressed herself.

The heroes' mouths were agape. None of them knew, they three were in the exact same school.

"I-it's nice to meet you, Eunice," Ladybug stuttered a bit, still in shock.

"No need to be so formal," Chat Noir spoke, shaking the other's hand.

"Okay! And the place is quite tacky, sorry." Eunice puckered her lips in slight embarrassment. "This used to be my father's garage. He was a mechanic, but now he's retired."

"I see. Don't apologize. It'll do as of now," Ladybug replied, taking a seat beside Chat.

"Oh, and..." the boy trailed off.

The two ladies hummed in response. "Yeah?" Eunice asked.

"Why are we here, again?"

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"Yes, it was intentional," she spoke, guilt lacing her voice, "I did it to get your attention. It was the first thing that popped in my brain, and I couldn't think of any other way the time."

"Even so, that was a ridiculous stunt!" Ladybug told her angrily.

"She's right. You could've gotten yourself killed!" Chat exclaimed, hitting his fist on the table, causing it to tremble for a short moment.

"And I am well aware of that," she snapped back. "But I did it for the sake of Paris. And I understand your anger, Chat, and Ladybug." Eunice brushed a lost strand away from her forehead. "But this isn't about that."

"Then what?" the green-eyed hero furrowed his eyebrows.

"This isn't easy to say." She exhaled deeply. "In fact, it's almost as dangerous as falling off of a two-hundred-ten meter tower." She scratched her nape.

"How so?" Intrigued, Ladybug prepared herself. How could measly information be so treacherous? On top of that, how did Eunice know about these things? How could she help them?

"As I said on the note, this is confidential. You can tell no soul about it. I hope that's clear?" She looked at them straight in the eye. Eunice didn't have to worry about anyone listening in.

Ladybug and Chat Noir made sure no one followed them on their way. In addition to that, their house was completely secluded and the doors were shut and fastened close. 

"Noted," the two said at the same instant; both noticeably tense as they didn't know what to expect.

A nervous sweat glides down leisurely at each of their heads. They asked themselves questions again and again, what could Eunice possibly divulge? How important is it? 

Both heroes couldn't tell if they were engrossed or petrified — maybe both? Vexation leaked upon their features ungracefully. Their fingers were tapping on the wooden table in anticipation, not knowing how to react. 

Eunice on the other hand, was wondering whether she should take a step back or not. There was still time, correct? What if she didn't care if she was a coward? What if she was indifferent to backing down and giving up? What if she was unconcerned about wasting the heroes' time and burdening them? After all, was it extremely necessary to be a virtuous being?

It certainly was, and she had already begun. To withdraw from her plan would be crazed behavior. For the past few days, she had done countless immoral things. Eunice genuinely intended to serve the greater good. If she truly wished to have a sincere heart, she had to prove herself. 

She wanted to be the daughter her mother raised. 

The caramel-haired female took in a deep breath, fixing her posture. She unsealed her lips to utter the long-awaited words.

"I know who Hawkmoth is."

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share :)

Have a nice Day/Afternoon/Night...!

~1319 words~