Chapter 18 - Momentary Break

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm trying."

"Cool... we should probably start reviewing the exams now, right?" Fuutarou said.

"Ugh, another session?" We heard Nino's voice coming from upstairs, "Give us a break!"

We saw Nino and Itsuki coming down the stairs, both dressed somewhat less casually than the other two sisters.

"Are you girls joining us?" I asked.

"No way. I'm tired of studying so much." Nino said, "Plus, the two of us want to go have lunch somewhere."

"It'd be a lot cooler if you stayed. It's only a revision anyway."

"You know what, I have a better idea! Why don't you come with us, Y/N-kun?" Nino asked me.

"Me? I just ate."

"Then you can just stay for dessert."

"And I haven't had the chance to apologize to you yet..." Itsuki shyly added.

Quite tempting.

"Yeah! And since Ichika is at her job, I can stay here with Fuutarou and Yotsuba until I make a good croquette." Miku said.

"Oh... then it's probably a good idea that you do come with us."

Raw asf.

"Well, c'mon then!" Nino grabbed my arm, "Let's go."

Fuutarou just sighed. The truth is that we're still missing Ichika, so even if we all stayed, we'd still be missing one of the two most important people. This may not be the most responsible choice, but at least Miku will be getting something out of it.

"With all this insistence, I guess I'll go. I won't eat though." I turned to Fuutarou, "Can you handle it?"

"I guess... I can try to review something with Yotsuba."

"But What about me?" Miku asked.

"You don't need it as much considering how well you did. You're free this time."

Miku somehow managed to smile and pout at the same time. Her studying quite ironically backfired.

"But there's still a lot I need to learn, right?!"

"Yes. But in terms of efficiency, you're the one who needs the least attention."

*pouts aggressively*

"...So what do you wanna eat, Itsuki?" Nino asked.

"Mmm... borgar."

"Good choice. Let's go to that place you told me about yesterday. I'll call a cab for us."

The girls began to make their way out of the apartment. I did the same, but not before getting intercepted by Miku as she carried the tray back to the kitchen.

"Y/N..." She mumbled.

"It seems like our plan backfired."

"What do I do now? I can't impress him with studying since we have to wait until finals now."

"Is that why you started cooking?"

"Y-Yeah... he said he wanted his dream girl to be good at cooking. But as you can see..." She looked at the tray.

"He was describing Raiha, not his dream girl."

"But it's still a trait he's looking for. The problem is that I clearly cannot rely on this to get him to like me."

"Y/N-kun, are you coming?" I heard Nino yelling calling me from the hall.

"Yeah." I turned to Miku again, "Listen, now that the midterms are over, you can talk to him about something other than studying. Use the time you have while you three are alone here to get to know him better."