99: Surprised 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

Once again, Sancho sighed.

Seemed like he really couldn't even be friends with Yumi.

***

"Your wound is healing perfectly. Give it more days to fully heal and we can already stop using bandage." Amelia said as she wrapped Sancho's chest with new protective strip.

After that, he wore his upper garments again slowly.

"Anyway, are you having trouble sleeping, Ginoong Sancho?"

Natigilan ang binata when he heard the doctor's question.

Since he reacted that way, Amelia confirmed that he really indeed wasn't sleeping well recently.

Well, it actually started when he woke up after 2 weeks of sleeping. He would dream again about that lady jumping off the cliff and would wake up full of sweat after that. Then he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep again.

He was trying to picture out that lady but to no avail.

He already asked it to his parents and trusted people if he was somehow involved to a lady before his accident before. But they all said no.

Anyway, all he knew about this lady was her voice was like Yumi.

"Do you have a medicine for nightmares?"

Pero bago pa man makasagot si Amelia, someone had entered the clinic.

"Mama, I have something to consult to you." Dirediretsong sabi ni Yumi once she entered the room.

She was very serious when she said that to Amelia. She didn't even noticed that someone was actually with them in that room.

"Alright, Mayumi. Let me just finish my consultation with Ginoong Sancho and I will attend you right away."

Because of that, agad na napatingin sa may gilidan niya si Yumi kung saan nakaupo si Sancho. Their eyes met at parehas pa silang natigilan sandali.

"Nightmares, you say? Is that what making your nights sleepless, Ginoong Sancho?"

Sancho, who couldn't seem to let go yet with his stares with Yumi, nodded.

There too much going on in his mind at that moment. He wanted to ask her of her sufferings these past few months. And if she was just okay. But then again, he couldn't really ask those questions to her. He was afraid if he spoke that moment, someone would realize how much longing he had for this lady who was never even his in the first place.

But goodness... Now that he was looking at her, he could really feel how much he missed her after a long time of not seeing her.

Meanwhile, Sancho might thought by not speaking up, he could then hide his longing. What he didn't know, his face was clearly expressing it.

When Yumi saw this, she couldn't stop feeling disgusted. What was this person looking at her with too much yearning? Didn't he know she hated him so much?

She glared at him coldly before turning her back to him.

"I'll come back when your patient is gone, Mama."

***

Yumi stayed in the common room of Nero's residence where she met Isabella and Lavina.

The latter scoffed at her which she just ignored and talked to Isabella instead.

"How are you doing here?"

"Great. How is Amie doing?"

"Great too. You should visit her."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Can I bring Ate Lavina? I think she could use some new environment."

"Isabella!" Kunot noong saway pa ni Lavina sa kanya.

"So long as she doesn't attempt to kill my daughter, then I guess you can."

Yumi said sneeringly at Lavina who just rolled her eyes at her.

Isabella chuckled.

"Don't worry. Ate Lavina might look uptight but actually she loves kids." Then she pulled Yumi closer to her before whispering, "I am worried about her, Yumi. She was silent since we arrived here. And I think what happened in the mansion before we left devastated her the most. She didn't expect Kuya Enrico could do all of that. Plus, I know she must be very worried about Mama."

Yumi tapped Isabella's hand.

"I understand your concern. You can come with her when you visit Amie. The little thing might be able to take off some of both your worries after seeing her."

Isabella sighed and thanked her.

"You know that Kuya also locked Ate Silvanna and Sedric, right?"

"Un... I heard from Kuya Asahi."

"We were about to save them that day too but we barely even made it out when we saved Ate Lavina."

"I don't think Don Enrico will do anything with Sedric."

"Yeah, that's what we also think about him to Papa."

Yumi fell silent. She didn't know how to respond to that. But Isabella was actually right.

Lately, everything they didn't think Don Enrico would do, he was actually doing all of them.

"Mayumi, come on. Let me hear what you want to consult to me about." Amelia suddenly arrived. Behind her was Sancho who looked at her but she simply ignored him.

She simply tapped Isabella's shoulder again and reminded her to visit them before finally going with her mother.

***