94: Months Later 1

Start from the beginning

He even tried to threaten the old man but he simply escaped him that day. Akala nga niya ay hindi na ito magbabalik dahil sa paninindak niya dito. Fortunately, Xun Anyue still kept on coming back everytime na may bagong balita itong nakakalap tungkol sa kanilang bansa.

The General still attempted to ask Xun Anyue about Yumi but the latter was also adamant to keep his mouth shut.

Anyway, one day, Xun Anyue had visited him again to inform him about the latest news around the country.

The news devastated the general because it was about Yumi. But Xun Anyue assured him that the lady had already expected that thing to happen so he didn't have to do anything nor to feel bad about it.

But then again, as father, how could he not be concerned about it?

He was just pondering about this at that time, when the door of the study room suddenly opened. At mula doon ay pumasok sila Doña Margarita, Doña Teresa, Victoria at Malia.

Kasunod nila si Roman na napahinga na lang ng malalim because of helplessness.

"Roman! I clearly said I should not be disturbed right now." Kunot noong sabi ng heneral sa kanyang butler na pinagbantay niya ng pintuan ng study room habang nag-uusap sila ni Xun Anyue.

"Vicente, wag mong pagalitan si Roman. We insisted to see you now." Doña Margarita told him sternly.

He kept quiet then. Since his mother said it was them who insisted to see him, then he had no reason to continue scolding Roman.

"Papa, something big has happened." Victoria said. Her face and voice expressed great concern.

"Narinig mo na ba ang mga bali-balita sa labas? That new Governor General has reneged on his words. He announced to the whole country that only men should be doctors as it has been the law since time immemorial. He's completely invalidating Yumi's studying as Medical Student.

"He was the one who announced in front of many people about his support of Yumi's studying as Medical Student. How dare her turn against his words now?"

The old woman couldn't contain his annoyance because of this news. This was actually the reason why Doña Teresa and Malia were in their mansion today.

Doña Teresa was still working as Council Leader while Malia was a nurse in L City General Hospital so naturally, they got the memo about Don Enrico's announcement.

Matapos nilang mabalitaan iyon ay agad nilang napagdesisyunan pinuntahan ang mga Sybill upang ibalita sa mga ito ang nangyari.

Anyway, when General Vicente had heard what his mother's concern, napahinga na lamang siya ng malalim.

Why, that was also his concern before they came in. That was exactly what Xun Anyue had just informed him about.

When Doña Margarita saw her son sighing, she realized then that he already knew about the news.

Agad na naningkit ang mga mata ng doña saka namewang sa harap ng kanyang anak.

"You already know about it, don't you?"

The general remained quiet. But her eyes landed on Xun Anyue then.

"Did this man inform you about it?"

"Mama, don't worry about it anymore." Ang tanging nasabi na lang ng heneral sa kanyang ina. He also didn't want to put Xun Anyue in a difficult situation. But since his mother already laid her eyes on him, she would surely try to get to the bottom of it.

"Vicente, sabihin mo nga sa amin ang totoo. All of these happenings, may kinalaman ba sila Mayumi dito? Kaya ba biglang binawi ng bagong Governor General ay dahil may alitan sila ngayon ni Mayumi? And who is this old man you keep on meeting?" Sunod sunod na tanong ni Doña Margarita.

Napailing na lang ang heneral.

Eto na nga ang isa sa mga hindi niya nais mangyari. His mother would surely not stop until he told them everything he knew.

Of course, he could keep quiet but that would lead to endless pestering from her.

As for lying...

Forget it. He had always been a bad liar.

His only choice now was to keep quiet or tell the truth.

Obviously, Doña Margarita had realized it too. And so she began to make it difficult for his son to keep quiet then. In the end, he was forced to confess by his mother.

Xun Anyue remained in the room though he refrained to say anything while the General was telling the four ladies the truth.

***