41 | black holes and revelations

Jimin

"Hello sir, we're calling from Fairview Hospital. Is this Jimin Park speaking?" Says a female voice.

"Yes, that's me." I answer. What is going on?

"We're calling for Evelyn Matilda Price. You're listed as her only emergency contact in our directory and I'm afraid to inform you that she's been into an accident with another civilian at seven forty-five pm. According to the examinations, the patient proved to be intoxicated beforehand." She continues in a steady tone.

Chills run down my spine while a frigid feeling trickles down my back like an ice cube. The hairs on the nape of my neck and my arms have raised while cold sweat takes form near my temples. I look over at Nox who is also on the phone and her eyes have lost that glimmer that makes her look human. Her expression mirrors my anxiety fueled one. What the hell is going on?

"The young woman is in a considerably stable condition and has a number of scrapes and bruises and soft tissue injuries, but she has a concussion so the doctors will have to keep a 24hr watch just in case." The woman proceeds saying while I can feel my heart sink down to my stomach. She then tells me that it would be appropriate for me to visit her in the hospital, because apparently her other relatives aren't available, so I hang up in a daze before turning to Nox who's also hung up on her call.

Her posture is slouched and her bottom lip is quivering with anxiety. "It's Yoongi-" She rasps. "H-he's been in an accident and he broke his arm and six ribs. The broken ribs are restricting his breathing, so he's getting surgery right now. He's in Fairview Hospital." Tears are welling in her eyes and I stop breathing for a few seconds. What the hell happened to them?

"Evelyn has been in an accident as well and she's in Fairview Hospital too." I tell her and she looks at me strangely. "I'll drive."

In a matter of moments, we're back in my car with our seatbelts on and I'm driving; more like speeding and Nox is holding on, but she's not complaining about the fact that I've gone over the speeding limit. My knuckles are white and my head is pounding while a bunch of unanswered questions are circling around on my mind to the point that it's making me dizzy. Also, how did Yoongi get into an accident at the same time as Evelyn? All of this somehow doesn't add up. I have no idea how Evelyn got into an accident in the first place, because the secretary only mentioned something about her getting hit by a car with another civilian close to Azure Street. But what if that civilian was Yoongi?

This entire situation is bizarre and I'm getting out of my mind. Evelyn is like the most cautious person that I know. She never really liked drinking or partying and she would only attend such gatherings only I was present. So, what is it that drove her to drinking so damn much to the point that she's hospitalized right now? As I'm silently asking myself why on earth would Evelyn get drunk like this, I suddenly remember our encounter from last week when she was all drenched from the rain and she asked me for five grand because she was in some kind of debt.

From my recollection she seemed extremely desperate; I've never seen her in such agony in all the time we spent together. When we were together, she always seemed like she had things under control, so seeing her act recklessly arose some suspicion on my part. Especially when she refused to tell me the reason, she needed so much money and flat-out demanded that I should blindly give her my trust. She surprised me when she casted away her pride for the first time, because Evelyn isn't the kind of person who tends to ask for help when she needs it most. She's the type who would rather suffer in silence rather than bother anyone else with her problems. Perhaps, whatever was haunting her mind that moment, has followed her today and maybe she felt a little hopeless.