⌜ chapter 55 ⌟

Start from the beginning

"Isn't it supposed to be me asking the question?" he asked, giving me a playful questioning look.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Okay let's go fancy pants," I say, patting his shoulders.

With my clutch in my hand, I walked out his room with him trailing behind me, his hand in my other hand.

"I like this cut design," he says, feeling his fingers slightly touching my bare back. I shivered a little at that contact.

We got in his car and he drove us to the place. With his hand on my thigh and my hand on top of his, we talked through the ride to past the time.

He parked in front of this fancy looking restaurant and got out, demanding me to stay in the car.

I rolled my eyes at his demand and watched as he jogged in front of the car and over to my side, opening my side of car door with a cheeky grin.

After helping me get out of his car, we walked towards the entrance with his arm around my waist.

"Romantic," I teased, watching as he opened the entrance door for me.

He just grinned at me while I walked through the doors, hearing the classical music playing.

I looked around, noticing I haven't been in here before. Surprisingly they open on Christmas Eve.

"Reservations under Wilkinson," Sammy says to the lady who looked like she was around 20 before the counter.

She looked up from her computer screen and her gaze lingered on him for a few seconds before looking at me for a split second.

"Right this way Sir," she smiled, mostly at him, and walked away.

We walked behind her and I noticed how she was swinging her hips a little more higher than usual, making me want to roll my eyes at that.

She motioned towards the table that had our family on it and walked away.

It wasn't that big, it was just Mark, Mom, Mama Wilk, Papa Wilk, Emily, Annie, Ben, Me, and Sammy. Mom wanted to keep Jacob with Aunty Kathy.

I greeted everyone with a kiss on the cheek and we sat at the 2 empty seats that were next to each other. We all ordered our food and talked while we waited.

They all finally got to know each other, having a good laugh.

"I see they are having a great time," Sammy murmurs into my ear, pulling back so I could looked over at him to see he was already looking at me.

I nodded, smiling at him.

"And have I told you that you look sexy in that dress?" he seductively whisper, tapping my nose when he said sexy.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure," I teased, take a sip of my champagne.

He smirked and placed a soft yet tender lingering kiss on my temple before turning to his brother and starting a conversation with him.

After dinner, we stayed a little longer for desert. Sammy and I decided to share one since I couldn't finish one on my own.

I also had a conversation with Emily and Annie, getting to know them more.

It was weird because they felt like sisters I've always wanted since I was the only girl in my family.

Once we were done, we decided to head out. After my mom and Mark said goodbye to Sammy's family, I decided to say my goodbye.

"Did you have a great time?" I grinned, hugging my mom. She laughed and hugged me back, squeezing me. We pulled away from our hug.

"Oh I had an amazing time," she laughed, winking at me.