.:Chapter 39:.

"OKAY BRATS! I'LL BE CHOOSING THE WELL DESERVED MAGES WHO WILL REPRESENT FAIRY TAIL IN THE ANNUAL GRAND MAGIC GAMES!"

As mages cheer on for what Master just said, other shut their eyes in concentration to be chosen. I looked at the nearest person which seemingly happens to be Lucy. As I tapped her shoulder, she easily greeted me with a "hello".

"Uh Lucy, do you know what this Grand Magic Games is?" I asked, hoping if she knew what's so important about it. "Sorry (Name), I have no-" "The Grand Magic is basically a place where guilds all over Fiore gather and compete which each other. But only a couple members will be able to compete. So basically the representatives of a guild and the guild master can enter. But the guild master, cannot. " Erza cuts in after Lucy. My eyes widen. As Erza and Lucy started to discuss who would get in, I stood there frozen. Shouldn't I be happy a huge competition is going to happen in the capital of Fiore? Many thoughts clouded your head. Until one, maybe brilliant idea, popped up. It'll be fun and challenging? So that'll be a great experience to test my skills in combat.

As I suddenly out a boost of confidence, I hear a few other mages boast themselves. Like they have game.. But of course Natsu and Gray seem to have started other fight, once again..

"Okay. The members for Fairy Tail A is made up of 5 regular members and 1 substitute member. The five regular members are.."

The anticipation risen as the mages' voices, continued an uproar. Forcing more and more mages into the situation.

"Natsu Dragneel."

"Gray Fullbuster."

"Erza Scarlet."

"Lucy Heartifila."

"And.."

The steaks are close. One more person is going to make the team. Well the regular team. As everyone's eyes gleamed at master, you could master's hand tremor slightly. As the last beads of sweat run down my face, I cross my fingers. Wishing for good luck.

"(Name) (Surname)."

I felt my heart gleaming. I did it. I maybe it to the team. I try holding my smile and my bursts of happiness. Knowing there are others who.. Well didn't successfully make it, into the team.

"As for the substitute member, who well play as a back up, well be Wendy Marvell."

I let out a soft smile as I looked at Wendy. She made it too. I'm so glad. As I felt an arm hanging on my shoulder, I quickly turned around finding a certain pinky. Natsu. Great.

"Nice job (Name) and Wendy! We both made it to the team!" He said smiling brightly. His arm choking the life out of me due to his excitement that was building up. I coughed slightly dying nearby them. Only to be enjoy by the sad mages around the room.

"N-n-Natsu.. Y-your arm!" I managed to choke out with barely any oxygen flowing through my lungs. He looked at me surprisingly as the next second he let go.

"Hehe.. Sorry (Name)!"