Don Enrico stepped forward then.

"This happening is truly heartbreaking. My mother is the most devastated. It is sad that just because of a position and power, my own brother planned to kill our father. We are truly grieving because of this.

"Anyhow, those who made such terrible thing should be punished whether they are my brother or not. My mother, although was in tears, agreed to this. Our... remaining family's stand on this is to let these people get punished according to the law. Therefore, we are completely entrusting the punishment to be meted by the Law Enforcement Office."

"Thank you for your trust to us, Regent. We will do our best to give justice to your family." The Head said. Then he once again faced the crowd. "According to law, the crime for murdering the country leader is punishable by the most severe punishment, Quartering at the same time, his or her whole family will be hanged to death too.

"The maid changed the medicine into poison one therefore this will be applied to her.

"As for those who planned to murder the country leader, they will be publicly executioned by cutting of their heads. That includes everyone they collaborated with."

With this decision, everyone cheered.

In their minds, since these people dared to plan to murder the Governor General, it was only normal for them to pay for their lives too.

The death sentences of these criminals greatly satisfied everyone then.

When Don Enrico saw the people cheering, his lips couldn't help hooking up. Pero mabilis din iyong nawala. Instead, he faced with the Head of Law Enforcement and thanked him on behalf of their family.

Right after that, poster of the execution schedule was posted all over the city. That day would definitely going to be crowded.

***

The table of Great General was almost smashed into half after he slapped his palm on it.

The news naturally reached him.

And he couldn't help feeling frustrated, annoyed and scared on behalf of Amelia.

The hell she collaborated to kill the Governor General!

She couldn't even hurt a fly!

What's more this investigation was veey fishy.

They by passed a lot of people and process, including himself. And it was all decided by the new Regent, Don Enrico.

Anyway, he was joined by some of his men in the room alongside with Mateo.

They came here as soon as they heard the news. It was really a terrible news.

"What should we do now, Great General?" One of his men asked.

General Vicente remained quiet though.

Of course, what else they could do. The execution was announced publicly. If it had been decided privately, he could still try do something legal about it. But since that wasn't the case...

"Not unless, we rescue Mama Amelia ourselves." Mateo said loudly what the Great General didn't even dare to say.

Napasinghap naman ang mga kasamahan nila sa kwarto and quickly looked around in case na may taong hindi dapat na naroroon at nakarinig ng sinabi ni Mateo.

"Mateo, you cannot say something like that aloud." Saway sa kanya ng isa sa mga kasamahan nila.

"To renege against the system is enough to brand you as rebel." Another one said.

"I know. But isn't the system failing us again? There are people who are obviously manipulating things at the background. What are we supposed to do then? Continue doing so? Isn't our main job is to protect the nation from anyone who wants to harm it? Aren't these people harming our nation now then?"

"The problem is, these people are also the one running the system. So not unless you want your whole family, including your new born baby to be implicated, I suggest you calm your head and think this matter carefully."

They were all surprised when General Alvaro suddenly entered the room and joined them.

"What are you doing here?" Kunot noong tanong ni General Vicente.

"Naturally, to see how your tiny brain thinks of a way to resolve this matter. But I seem to still overestimate you. You don't even have any plan yet, am I right?"

"I am not in the mood to argue with you."

"Then don't argue with him. Anyway, this isn't the time for the two of you to do your childish bantering." This time, it was General Arturo who entered the room. Kasunod din niya si General Hidalgo.

"What are you three doing here?" Tanong muli ng Great General.

"General Vicente, you are not the only one with someone who is about to be executed. Naturally, I want to save my daughter who is wrongly accused."

"Are you even sure your daughter is wrongly accused, General Hidalgo?" Tanong ng isa sa mga tao ni General Vicente.

Although these men got scared by Mateo's statements earlier, it didn't mean they were really cowards. They fought along side the Great General. He trusted them greatly too. Therefore, they weren't simple people at all.

And with the likes of General Hidalgo, definitely, they would never cower.

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Isn't your daughter ambitious? She seduced her way to enter the Governor General's mansion. Then she even managed to use Doña Labella to secure Nero's appointment as new Regent. If that wasn't ambitious then what is it?"

General Hidalgo was about to pull out his gun but one bellow from General Vicente was enough to stop him.

"Enough! Did you come here to fight?"

"Your men are audacious."

"This is my territory, they can be audacious. Meanwhile, you come here for my help. Aren't you supposed to be docile then?"

General Hidalgo could only snort in anger. Kung hindi lang niya talaga kailangan ng tulong ng mga taong ito...

Of course! Hindi rin naman niya mapapayagan na bitayin na lang ng ganoon si Helena. He knew this time, she was really framed up. As father, he wouldn't let this happen to his daughter too.

These Generals actually have one thing in common. They all really doted their daughters. Kahit pa sabihing nais gamitin ni General Hidalgo si Helena to secure and elevate his position but still... he truly cared for his daughter in his own ways.

So he gave way this time at saka naupo na.

General Alvaro and General Arturo did the same.

Then their private meetings began.

***