Rookie Twelve

An extreme bitterness washed over her taste buds, heavy as it slid down her throat. Ayumi grimaced, a shiver running through her entire body. Looking through squinted eyes, she watched Wakana refill her vials with the disgusting green liquid. It turned out that the paralyzing agent she was injected with was based off the toxins of a blue-ringed octopus, one of the most venomous animals. There is no immediate antidote, but the side effects can be gradually healed with repeated medication. Wakana managed to make an antivenom that Ayumi needs to take once a day to battle the toxins.

            "Looks like most of the venom is out of your system," she said glancing to the chart on the table. "The medicine is working but at a slow rate. Another two weeks at least. Luckily, a member of the Nara family delivered some more antler so I could put in a higher amount for your next doses."

            "The Naras?" Ayumi questioned.

            "The whole ordeal caused a big ruckus in town; everyone knows about it. Shikaku-san heard about it and brought me some more antler for the antivenom." She set the last vial in the hard container, "the antlers of the Nara deer have a lot of medicinal properties, so it's used in many of our medications. So, we can't afford to use too much in one medicine, but with the amount Shikaku-san brought me; I was able to double the potency. Once these two weeks are done, you need one last physical, but you should be done." Closing the container lid, she placed it in her hand, "remember once a day at noon and keep your thigh clean and bandaged until its fully healed."

            "So, I can take the Chunin Exams, right?"

            "Normally the venom of a blue-ringed octopus takes a few minutes to take effect." Stepping back, she busied herself with cleaning the table, "in order to speed up the process he infused the venom with Rapamycin which slows down a cell's ability to duplicate. So, yes, you can participate in the exams, but you need to be careful not to get the wound infected. Your body cannot battle the infection right now." She looked at her, "understand?" Ayumi nodded. "Good, now get going. You have to get to the academy."

            "Hatake tradition. Nobody will be surprised if I'm late," she dismissed with a wave of her hand, with a kick of her feet she hopped off the bed. Onimaru leaned against the wall on her right, she returned it to its attachment. Lesson of never leaving her house without weapons-learned. Stashing her medicine in her weapons pouch she made her way towards the exit. "Thanks, Fuyuko-san."

            "Yu-chan, there's one more thing that I wanted to give you. For luck." Ayumi paused and turned. It happened in one moment. A finger hooked beneath her chin, tilting her head so her lips met with another pair. Her eyes shot wide. The door flew open.

            "I KNEW IT!" A hand latched onto her arm and yanked her back. The wall met her back. Kohei stood and pointed an accusing finger at his sister. "I knew that I couldn't trust you alone with Yu-chan!"

            Wakana glared at him, "it was for good luck!"

            "Bull! You just wanted to kiss her! You kiss everyone!"

            "Not everyone! I only kiss the ones I think are cute!"

            Ayumi was still stunned, stationary against the wall. That was her first kiss. Stolen. How was she supposed to react? What now? Her eyes widened even more, what will Papa say? "Whatever! I'm taking her!" A hand peeled her from the wall and rushed her down the hospital halls. They didn't stop until they were a few meters away from the hospital. The shock gradually wore off. Shaken with a jostle of her head. Kohei faced her, his hands on her shoulders. "I am so sorry!" Ayumi blinked, shoulder moving in a simple shrug.

The White FlashOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara