Poor Assassination

A.N. The picture above is Hiro Miyuki. Credit to whoever drew him!

-----------------

            The group was relatively quiet, with the exception of crinkling bag as Ayumi reached for another chip. She led the group, keeping an ear out for any path corrections Kakashi would call to her. It's been a day of travelling. The best day she has had for months. Every flirty, pushy, or physical contact Kohei tried to pull; Kakashi would always show up to stop it in its tracks. Overprotective dad: 5. Pervy teammate: 0. So, instead, Kohei has been focusing his efforts on Sakura who responds in a similar matter that Ayumi does. Naruto and Hiro have been chatting loudly and holding competitions over nearly everything. Sasuke was the quietest. There were times he would walk next to Ayumi without saying anything, but when she would question it, he would scoff and slow down.

"Say, say, Ayumi-chan." She turned her head slightly to look at the blond as he matched her stride. He held the black metal and white cloth in one hand, examining it in the sunlight. "I wanted to ask, why did you want us to carry these?"

Finishing a chip, she pointed to the weapon, "these kunai are mediums for a jutsu I've been working on for a few years. If there's any immediate danger those act as a focus point that I can use to instantaneously move my body through a dimensional void..." She trailed off once her eyes met Naruto's. The blue orbs were focused intently on her, expression scrunched as he tried his best to follow along, but she could tell the cogs were stuck. With a sigh she paused and placed a finger on the white cloth, "they have marks that make me go zoom."

"Well you didn't have to say it like that," he shouted pumping his free hand in the air.

"Actually, she did," Sasuke commented. "You wouldn't have gotten it otherwise, idiot."

Naruto turned his anger to the Uchiha, "what was that Sasuke?!"

"Don't worry Naruto-kun, I don't get it either!" Hiro exclaimed proudly throwing one fist in the air.

Ayumi looked at the black-haired boy with an unimpressed look. "That's because you're also an idiot."

Hiro stomped one foot towards her, fist in front of his chest. "Oh yeah?! It takes one to know one!"

"You can't call my Yu-chan an idiot!" Kohei joined the party, swinging his arm up and down between them. His body skewed and he threw his arms around her shoulders, "she is perfect in every way!" Kakashi appeared faster than any technique. She swore she saw his visible eye gleam as he grabbed Kohei's backpack and pulled him off. He gave a light toss, not enough to hurt but enough to get him a few feet away. Kohei landed safely on his feet, teary eyed he threw himself at Sakura. "Sakura-chan-!"

"Don't even try it!" Sakura shouted slamming a closed fist on his head. Kohei fell heavy on the ground with a dazed grin.

"Even your strength is alluring, Sakura-chan."

"Idiots," Sasuke grumbled walking on. Ayumi watched as he led the group, followed by Naruto and Hiro-both engrossed in a game of rock-paper-scissors, then by Sakura and Tazuna. Ayumi turned back to Kohei, pushing himself up. He paused. Ayumi focused to where his hand was placed, his fingertips in the edge of a small pool of water. A puddle? Kohei turned back, their eyes met. It hadn't rained in weeks. She looked up to Kakashi. His eye closed with a smile.

"Come on, Fuyuko-kun!" Ayumi called swinging her arm forward. If Kakashi wasn't worried, then they couldn't be that strong. Kohei stood and jogged back towards the group. He opted for a position closest to the forest. Ayumi returned her father's smile before joining the others. It was a few more feet before they finally made their move. It was a slight jingle followed by a surprised shout from her father. She turned. When the spiked chains tore him apart, she screamed-the high-pitched sound echoing throughout the forest.