Zabuza Returns

"Okay, then! I leave Naruto in your hands," Kakashi said. Ayumi stood beside him, her hands on her hips and weapons all prepared for guard duty. Since everyone seems to have finished their training, and her transportation has gotten easier, they were all going to accompany Tazuna on the bridge for the day. Naruto and Sasuke had gotten back late the night before, the former had used nearly all of his chakra, so he was out for the day. They left him asleep in the shared room. "Because he's used his body to the limit, I don't think he'll be able to move today."

"Kakashi-san, are you feeling alright?" Tsunami questioned worriedly.

"Yes, somehow."

"Don't worry, Tsunami-san," Ayumi jabbed her thumb to her chest, "I'll protect Papa!" Tsunami smiled, bending down to be eye level with her.

"I'm sure you will, Ayumi-chan."

"We'll be going!" Tazuna announced.

Walking backwards Ayumi waved her hand above her head, "take care of Waddles-san until I get back! I left more rice in the room!"

"Of course!" She called back.

"That duck is going to eat all of your rice," Sasuke smirked, "you're not going to have any on the way back to the village."

"Brave of you to assume I'm that nice of a person," Ayumi gave him her own smirk. "That's your rice."

"What?!" Sasuke turned on her, "you're giving that animal my food?!"

"Uchiha-kun, I didn't want to tell you this but..." Ayumi placed her hand on his shoulder and leaned closer to his ear. "Trust me, I'm doing you a favor."

"Sasuke-kun is not fat!" Sakura nearly shrieked, her hands slamming on her shoulders and yanking her back. Ayumi stumbled, arms extended she circled them until she managed to catch her balance. Sakura stood in front of Sasuke, arms poised to scrap.

Ayumi blinked. A challenging grin crossed her lips as she stepped closer, her arm moving from her elbow towards her shoulder. "You wanna rumble?"

"Yu-chan, Sakura-chan, we shouldn't get hurt before we get to the bridge!" Hiro stepped closer, but his arm was pulled by Kohei.

"When two girls wish to fight, let them. There is no greater gift to mankind."

"We are not going to fight." A firm tug pulled on the back of Ayumi's shirt. Her feet left the ground and stomach met shoulder as Kakashi restrained her. She let her arms dangle, the road she faced moving. She looked up at Sakura, who was still glaring daggers at her, and pointed to her.

"I'll get you."

"Yu, no starting fights," Kakashi chastised. She remained over his shoulder as they reached the bridge. He waited until the dirt turned to concrete before setting her back on her feet, though he was sure to keep himself between her and the others. As they reached the part of the bridge that was still in progress, Tazuna stopped.

"W-what the heck is this?!" Ayumi stopped beside him and followed his gaze. Her eyes widened. The tools were scattered among unconscious workers. A mist began to envelop the area, familiar and thick. Papa! Ayumi fell back to Kakashi who turned to face the way they came.

"Everyone get ready! They're coming!" Sasuke, Sakura, Hiro, and Kohei each faced different directions while Ayumi positioned herself in front of Kakashi. The first line of defense. She reached over her shoulder, fingers wrapping around Onimaru's hilt.

"Kakashi-sensei, this mist... It's Zabuza isn't it?" Sakura questioned.

"No," Ayumi sighed, "it's Hisaya-sensei coming to say hello."