Three Day Visitors

When they returned to the village, Ayumi was taken to the hospital for her injuries. As it turned out, the entire group had split up. Taking on members similar to Kimimaro. The other Sand Siblings were here too. Kankuro had went to help Kiba while Temari went to help Shikamaru. Apparently, after Choji was returned to the village, Tsunade had sent out two groups from the medical core to aid in the aftermaths of the battles. Choji and Neji were the only ones in critical condition. Ayumi remained in the hospital until the all clear was given for them both. Soon after, she was dragged along with Tsunade and her babysitter to the village elders where she was subjected to yet another hour long lecture. However, due to the nature of the mission and her part in it. Her punishment was made no more severe. She was not to leave the village for three more days.

            Which is what brought her to her current state. Once again dragging herself to the academy, though making a detour to help herself to a few Taiyaki on the way. Still munching on the third and final treat, Ayumi stepped into the classroom. "You're late, Hatake."

            "Well... you see, a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way." Facing Iruka, her gaze was stolen by the person beside him. "Gaara-kun!" Skipping stairs, Ayumi ran towards him with a hand in the air. Smacking his shoulder with a grin, "what are you doing here?"

            "The Hokage gave us permission to remain here for three days. I'll be helping in the academy during that time," he informed.

            "No kidding!"

            "Now that you're here, the two of you can take over today's lesson." Iruka extended the clipboard to Ayumi.

            "Umino, I'm starting to think that you just want us to do your job," Ayumi claimed placing her hands on her hips.

            "You did this to yourself, Hatake." He mirrored her stance, bouncing the clipboard towards her, "if you didn't want to do this then you should have heeded the rules of the village."

            "Show me the rulebook where it says that I can go on adventures, and maybe I'll agree with you."

            "I'll take it." Gaara reached pass her and took the clipboard.

            "Gaara-kun!" Ayumi grabbed his shoulder, shaking him from side to side, "we're supposed to be a team!"

            "We're here all day anyway."

            "I'm glad to see at least one of you are responsible."

            Gaara looked to the lesson plan, though whispers rippled through the students. Gazes filled with unease and fear. Gaara handed the clipboard to Ayumi and retreated to the corner of the room. It wasn't that long ago that they attacked the village. The kids were bound to feel some kind of way. Emerald irises scanned the day's plan before looking to the students, "does anyone know what a Kekkei Genkai is?"

            Moegi raised her hand, "it's a type of jutsu that only certain clans can use!"

            "Yes and no," Ayumi readied a piece of chalk, "a Kekkei Genkai is a rare trait that travels through a bloodline. In Konoha we have the Sharingan and the Byakugan. Only members of the Uchiha and Hyuga Clans are able to awaken these Dojutus. However, Kekkei Genkai that revolve around chakra natures are rare, but are not only passed down by clans." Ayumi motioned to her chest, "I have the Kekkei Genkai known as Lava Release; however, there are a few shinobi in Iwagakure that have become known for their lava release jutsu as well and have no connection to the Terumi Clan. However..." Ayumi glanced to her partner, Gaara was still in the corner with his eyes resting shut. "There are certain kinds that are so rare that you only find one in a generation." The chalk was flung towards him. Sand rushed to catch the projectile. "Such as Magnet release." She held her hand once more, catching the chalk as it was thrown back. "Kekkei Genkai like ours are not the jutsu release itself, we have the ability to mold two different chakra natures in order to form a new one. Lava release is fire and earth, Magnet release is..." She looked to her partner for assistance.