Chapter 56

Perrie's POV:

Heartbroken.

That's exactly how I felt as soon as I heard Beth saying she was considering leaving the band.

However after I went home alone, worry started clouding my senses.

What if something happened to her?

After she came home that night, completely vulnerable and hurt, I couldn't keep up the act I was planning in doing.

I still don't know what actually happened, but I have a feeling it's nothing I'm gonna enjoy.

The entire night I couldn't sleep. Not because of nightmares or anything like that.

Simply because she isn't next to me, and I can't stop thinking about her.

The girls all were almost as hurt as I was.

What will we do if she actually leaves? What will I do?

She would be leaving me, alone in this big house, never knowing that she's my girlfriend.

I stood up to use bathroom, but after I went past the guest room I had to give to Beth, to not make her suspicious, I heard whimpering.

I don't know what I should do. Should I just go inside and ask her what's wrong? Or is she asleep and having a nightmare?

Against my better judgement I stepped inside the room to see her thrashing around the bed.

Even though it was dark I could see her shaking and sweat forming on her skin.

My heart broke, I haven't seen her hurting in her sleep for years.

And I definitely didn't miss the sight.

I went up to her bed and put my arms around her.

Her thrashing became stronger but I kept my hold on her tighter.

Slowly the shaking died down and the thrashing stopped.

How I'm longing for her to remember everything.

Slowly she started waking up and when she saw me she again wore her confused expression. One that always makes it way on her face ever since she woke up.

"Why are you so nice to me?" She whispered.

Because I love you.

"Why are you questioning everything?" I whispered back instead of what I longed to say.

"It's kind of hard not to." She said.

I was still holding her and I noticed her own arms holding onto me. She didn't notice that yet.

"What was your dream?" I asked instead.

"About what happened today." She said.

"What happened?" I asked. She hasn't yet told me.

"Nothing that concerns you." She replied.

"It kind of does." I answered.

"Well then nothing I want to revise." She replied.

"Please?" I asked.

She looked into my eyes. We started at each other for what felt like an eternity. Those brown-yellow eyes make it really easy to get lost in them.

Then she broke the intense eye contact and sighed.

"A woman... came up to me in a park. I sat down there because I knew I messed up and thought about what to do. She sat down next to me and first we talked. Asking each other what our reason is for being alone in a park at night. Then I started being cold and she gave me her jacket..." as She told the story I felt a wave of hard jealousy flow through me.