Chapter 25

Perrie's POV:

"Finally! Home." I said jumping on the couch.

All of them mumbled words of agreement and we put our stuff away.

Beth seemingly has trouble as she limped, her suitcase trailing behind her.

I ran up to her and took it out of her hand. She frowned and tried to take it again.

"Pez!" She exclaimed. She continued, "I can carry my own stuff."

"I'm sure you can but you shouldn't overdo it. Your ligament could be torn completely." I said quietly, fearing that my loud voice could cause her a headache.

She scoffed and crossed her arms. She's so cute. 

"Now don't be so sour and let's go upstairs and finally get some sleep." I said after kissing her cheek.

Honestly I've been having discussions with myself and convinced myself that these are friendly kisses considering it's no problem when I do it with the other three.

So we went upstairs and I changed. Beth left to get changed and I've noticed Beth never changes in front of any of us.

I can only guess as to why but it's pretty obvious.

How I wish I could help her with that.

I waited for her since I'm not intending on leaving her on her own with her sleepless nights.

She entered and I could see the pain in her expression.

"What's hurting? Your leg or your head?" I asked. She smiled at me, and I know exactly she does that when she wants someone to stop worrying about her.

"Ah it's fine." She said. I narrowed my eyes to let her answer truthfully and then she finally sighed and said, "Both."

"Well you can put your foot up and take Advil." I said somehow trying to help. There's not really much I can do.

She nodded and went to her bed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Where do you think you're sleeping?" I asked. She turned around and frowned.

"What are you talking about? This is my bed after all." She stated.

This girl can play dumb when she wants to.

"You'll sleep next to me. Obviously." I replied.

"Perrie. Honestly you don't have to. Really. I won't turn to alcohol. I'll handle it as before. Stop worrying and sleep. I'm fine. Somehow I'll work through it.  Seriously, you don't have to keep tabs on my eating behaviour and my sleeping behaviour. You have your own worries and I know that. I'm handling." She said.

Only listening to her made me mad. She isn't handling, she's pushing it away. And if I don't keep up with her eating and sleeping behaviour she won't be fine. She will faint due to not eating. She will have dark circles under her eyes due to not sleeping.

Why is she talking like she's a burden to me?

"Beth. Are you serious? What are you fucking talking about? You are my friend. I care about you. Of course I'll worry no matter what. Stop acting like you're such an inconvenience to me!" I exclaimed.

She just stood there quiet and god how I wanted to know what's going through her head right now.

Then she started laughing humourlessly and sat down on her bed. I sat down next to her.

"What are you thinking?" I whispered.

"How ironic my life can be sometimes." She said back.

She is like an enigma. I have no idea how to understand her. She says stuff that probably reveals something about her. But the part that lets you know what it actually is, always is missing.