Chapter 1

Pic above Is how each member looked in 2011.

I'm not gonna cast Beth because I have no clue who would fit and you guys can imagine anyone except the members of Little Mix of course.

And if it isn't obvious, this a perrie edwards gxg story as well as a fifth member story.

Beth's POV:

"Sam I don't want to compete in the X Factor. It's a shit show where people go and embarrass themselves. Why should I do that shit?" I asked. She sighed and offered me food and I declined.

"First of all, you don't have a choice so just eat it. Second, yeah people who can't sing embarrass themselves. But you can sing. Not just average, like Rihanna Level of singing." She said while eating her fries.

I sighed, "That's what you say. I'm really not up for going up on that stage for millions of eyes to see me. I'm getting enough attention as it is." I said.

Her expression changed knowing what I'm talking about, "Beth, I know how you feel. I grew up with them as well. So I know exactly they wouldn't want you to sit here and dwell. It's not your fau-"

I cut her off, "Come on Sam. Of course it's my fault. We all met up because of my birthday. If it wouldn't have been because of that it would have never happened." I said.

"So what? Did you start the fire? No you didn't. It was a gas leak. It could have been anyone of your relatives birthday. Would you blame them?" She didn't wait for my answer and continued, "No you wouldn't. Because it just is no one's fault. It happened. It sucks, but no one can change it." She said.

"I'm done with this conversation." I said looking at my hands.

"Fine. Back to the original topic then. You will compete." She said. As if she would Be the one to choose if I did or not.

"Why should I waste my time on that shit? Let's say I go. For what purpose? Do you think I want to become a popstar? Be realistic. I just need to find a job." I said. She groaned.

"Yeah but the jobs you can get around here aren't really well paying. You don't need to become a popstar if you don't want to. Just win, get the money and then look for a job. Simple." She said.

"Whatever. At least they pay me something." I shrugged. She looked at me again and looked really mad.

"So what? You want to be homeless and lose your house cause you can't pay off your debt?" She looked worried.

I shrugged nonchalantly, "I genuinely couldn't care less."

"Well I do. What about your father?" Sam asked. Again I shrugged.

"What about him? He hates me. And it makes sense. I'm the reason he lost two of his children, his wife, his siblings, his mother, his nieces, his nephews... this list could go on forever."

"Stop saying that." She pleaded.

As I looked at her face I realised I should cut her some slack. She did know them all and grew up with them like me. The only difference is that she wasn't blood related with us. But that never really mattered.

"I'm sorry. I know it hasn't been that long since the funeral." I said still not looking at her.

She sighed, "Beth you don't need to apologise. It hurt you more than me."

That was true as well. I'm just better at concealing the hurt and the emotions I once showed so carelessly.

As I sat on Sam's couch I remembered that night again.