Chapter 34

Beth's POV:

A ring disrupted my sleep. The girls all started groaning.

"Whoever's phone that is, turn it off!" Perrie said.

I picked up my phone and it indeed was mine.

The number was unknown so I went to my room to get it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Elizabeth Fields?" A women asked.

"Yes it is. How did you get my number?" I asked.

"I'm really sorry to inform you, but you may want to come to the clinic in Fordwich." She said.

My heart dropped. What happened?

"W-why?" I stuttered.

Please no.

"Your father has been in an accident. We don't know how long it will be." She said.

Tears started to sting my eyes But I immediately blinked them away.

He will be fine. He has to be fine.

"Okay thank you." I said my voice monotone.

"I'm really sorry miss." She said and the line went dead.

What am I meant to do now? Our tour starts in two days.

The girls are all still asleep in the living room. I'll just leave a note. Perrie lives here and the other three know to feel at home here.

I wrote in the group chat.

Beth: Girls I have to leave and go to Fordwich, I'll explain later. I made breakfast for you and if any of you want to shower, Perrie you know where everything is.

I made breakfast and then left. I can't stay in Fordwich so there's no need for a suitcase or anything.

I really need to get my drivers license and a car. I'm sick of going by taxi or train everywhere.

On my way there I tried to distract myself as much as I could. Watching edits of mixers, seeing how well our music streamed and trying to write new songs.

Wait. I need to tell Sam.

I called her and she picked up almost immediately.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Hey uh, Dad has been in an accident. I'm on my way to Fordwich right now." I said.

"Fuck..." She muttered.

"Yeah. Just wanted to let you know."  I said.

"I'm coming as well." She said.

"Do what you like. You don't have to come because of me though. I know your job is very important." I said.

"Fuck my job. My best friend is ten times more important." She said.

"I missed you so much." I said.

"I missed you too. Oh! How about we beat up Kristen while we are there." She said.