86: New Life, New War 4

Start from the beginning

Having the country leader's death divulged like that rendered the Great General frozen for a while. He was so stunned and his brain couldn't process it quickly.

The Governor General was dead?

But why did no one inform him?

Why would he only know about it now?

Since General Vicente was currently busy thinking about it, the Main Guard once again nodded to his people and they took advantage of that situation to enter the mansion.

They were able to reach the living room pero hindi pa man sila nakakaumpisang maghalughog doon para hanapin si Amelia ay si Mateo naman ngayon ang lumabas ng kwarto upang pigilan sila.

"Stop right there." He said in cold, angry voice.

The Main Guard felt a headache was coming for him.

First, the Great General. Now, the Deputy General.

What's more, they could pass through the Great General but this Deputy General was actually harder to handle.

"Deputy General, we only want Doctor Amelia. Please don't make this harder for us."

"Doctor Amelia is currently with my wife who is giving birth at the moment."

"I am commanded by the new Regent to take her with us."

"Is that so?" Mateo crossed his arms on his chest. "I don't care though. As I said, my wife is giving birth. She is already in crucial part of it. I will not compromise her just because you want her doctor."

"Are you going to rebel?"

"No. I am sticking to the system. Do you even have a warrant with you? Basta na lamang kayong pumasok dito without even a search of warrant or warrant of arrest? What? Do you think you are the law now?

"Besides, wala pa ngang 24 hours na namamatay ang Governor General at nadadakip si Nero. Now you already have a new Regent. I wonder how the appointment has been decided? Isn't my father-in-law supposed to have a say on that matter as the Great General of this country?"

These words of Mateo had completely stumped the Main Guard and his men.

Well, Mateo's words were not false at all.

Indeed. They rushed here even without warrants. And the appointment of new Regent had been decided without consent of the Great General.

But then again, they were just following the orders of above.

Since Doña Labella agreed to the appointment of Don Enrico, he also began issuing commands to them.

And one of those commands was to capture Doctor Amelia right away.

Meanwhile, within the room, the tension was very thick too.

Naturally, they heard the commotion outside at ang mga sinasabi ng Main Guard ng Governor General dahil na rin hindi naman ito naghina ng boses niya when he was issuing the command.

They wanted Amelia.

The woman was actually very pale right now. It was as if siya pa ang manganganak kesa kay Yumi dahil sa kanyang pagkaputla.

In fact, her hands were also shaking. Why, it was like what happened years ago was actually repeating itself.

She was being held accountable for something she never did.

It was already hard for her to comeback after that last time. If it was really going to happen again...

Anyway, if Amelia, Doña Teresa and Kami heard about the people outside, of course, Yumi did too.