82: Second Wife 2

Start from the beginning

Gwen knew that, of course.

In her entire life, Yumi was the only person she admired so much. She idolized her in a lot of things. But most especially, her bravery to say whatever she wanted to say to anyone.

But right now, she really wondered why the lady remained quiet and just let Malia to continue speaking instead.

"If I say whatever I want to say, will it change your mind?"

That brought another silence between them.

In truth, Yumi's heart was aching at this very moment.

Malia and Gwen were her first friend in this era. Kami was different since he also came from her last lifetime.

Unintentional ang pagiging magkaibigan nilang tatlo.

She originally just got close to them because she wanted something from Malia. But in the end, they were still able to get passed her walls and into her heart.

And somehow, Yumi couldn't actually stop blaming herself kung bakit naging ganito ang sitwasyon ni Gwen. If she didn't leave her in L City, would the don be able to approach her at all?

That's right. In Yumi's mind, Don Enrico only took Gwen as his Second Wife to provoke her.

Well, he actually succeeded doing that. Yumi was hiding her anger so well right now. But in actually, she wanted to brandish a sword or gun and hunt that man. How dare he?!

Was his betrayal not enough yet?

Did he really have to include Gwen in this mess?

He must have found out about Gwen's feelings towards him and decided to use her against her.

With this, she couldn't help clenching her fist under her sleeves.

'Don Enrico, you better watch your back. I will remember this debt really well.'

She was thinking that when Gwen finally said something again.

"Yumi... I always admire you since I met you. But this time, I have to choose the person I love.

"Please tell Malia that I am sorry for hurting her. However, I am not sorry and never will be for choosing Enrico over anything else in this world."

Then Gwen touched her stomach with that happy and gentle eyes. When Yumi saw that gesture of her, her eyes couldn't help darkening.

"Like you, I will have my own child soon. I don't think Malia would understand me but I am hoping you do since our situation is the same now." Gwen continued. Afterwards, she looked directly at Yumi. "Unfortunately, I really can no longer be your friend. I will choose him over and over again whatever may happen in the future. And you and I know that since that is the case, it will definitely only lead to the ruins of our friendship. So mabuti na rin na maaga pa lamang ay nangyari na ito."

Yumi's expression turned cold.

"Are you really sure of this, Gwen?"

"I love him, Yumi. He and our child..."

Napahinga ng malalim si Yumi before finally standing up.

"Oh well, just in case, you know where to find us."

She intended to leave after saying that to Gwen. However...

"There is no need for your just in case. I am quite certain of him, Yumi. That's why I willingly abandon everything... including all of you."

Yumi already had her back against Gwen at that time and she could only smile bitterly after hearing that. She continued walking away, no longer intending to say anything to Gwen.

Unexpectedly though, the moment she reached the door, bigla na lamang sumakit ang tiyan niya at napasandal siya sa may pintuan.

"Ahhhhh..."

Pain... Her stomach was covered by pain she never felt anything like before.

Gwen's eyes widened at agad na nilapitan si Yumi. Upon seeing the lady's pale face due to pain she was feeling, a panic rose within her heart.

"W-what is it?"

As soon she asked that, they heard water dripping on the floor. When they both look down, they saw pool of water below Yumi.

"D-did your water just break?"

But Yumi could no longer answer her. Her stomach, back and whole body were all hurting.

Gwen was unsured what to do by now. She was sure though that Yumi was about to give birth now.

Then they heard sword clashing outside.

Soon, Rui came and quickly carried Yumi.

"I will take care of her."

"Un... Thank you."

But the lad no longer heard her thanks since he already rushed outside towards the carriage while carrying Yumi.

Gwen still remained there though.

Her heart was still pounding. And whatever she might have said earlier, hindi pa rin maaalis sa kaniya na mag-alala kay Yumi. She was her friend. Aside from Malia, no one treated her best except her.

"Mistress, don't worry. She will be fine."

Gwen didn't look back but she knew who it was.

Who else would it be other than Doctor Benedicto?

That's right. When Don Enrico returned to M Capital this time, hindi lamang Second Wife ang kasama niya. Doctor Benedicto was also with them. As well as some more people...

However, the sudden appearance of Doctor Benedicto gave her a bad premonition.

"Did you do this to her?"

Doctor Benedicto chuckled. "Mistress is wise as always. Indeed, I gave her a labor-inducing potion. It will not harm her though. Kabuwanan na din naman niya. The pill will just rush her labor and make it today. A perfect timing for the Don's plan."

"What do you mean? Is this the intention of  Enrico?"

"Yes. This is all within his plans and calculation. Naturally, since that lady will be giving birth today, she and his husband won't be able to stop what is about to happen tonight." A cruel smile appeared on Doctor Benedicto's face but it was gone in a jiffy too. Then he looked at Gwen with assuring fave. "Rest assured, Mistress. The don will not do anything to her. At least not right now."

With that, he left her there while chuckling.

As for Gwen, she closed her eyes and sighed deeply. When she opened her eyes again, the worry she had for Yumi was no longer there. Instead, she was calm again as if the happenings moments ago didn't actually happen at all.

After that ay umalis na din siya doon at bumalik na sa kwarto nilang mag-asawa.

***

(A/N: If you think this is messed up, wait for more... 😏🤭)