xxi • long trip

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

“MY PARENTS ARE HOSTING AN HALLOWEEN PARTY THIS WEEKEND,” Walter intervened, earning a raised eyebrow from me, “We could go there instead.”

I had made it known to them, once, twice and a whole lot more that parties weren't my thing and my last attendance was a one-time thing. It stung mercilessly when I kept replaying the incident of that night, and it made me want to badly erase every thoughts that clogged my brain until it was hard to breathe.

And so when the guys suggested another party, I declined before things could get further. Almost everyone’s eyes shot up, begging me to change my mind.

It had all started a week ago. Bella, Jess and the guys had been urging me to go out with them on Halloween—but my answer remained no. Valen's eyes stayed exactly where they were, on his phone screen, not moving an inch—while my eyes narrowed at Walter.

“I just said I don't want to attend any parties, didn't I?” I mused, a blank expression painted on my face. Seizing my cup of vanilla milkshake, I took a long sip before sighing out of content as the cool liquid left a refreshing trail down my throat.

A sigh escaped from his parted lips, all before meeting my gaze once more with a pleading look. “That’s the good part, it really isn't those kind of frat parties you know, it's between family and some close friends. I can't go without all of you.”

Valen’s attention got robbed off from his phone immediately, curiosity lining in his eyes. “When are we going?”

Walter shrugged. “Well. . .,” he looked warily at us, but the boys were already facepalming themselves. “I was thinking Wednesday, I'm sure we all are free so we'll go in the morning so we can get there in the evening.”

Bella hummed, eyes not leaving the table. “I have class, but I can skip.”

“I can't.”

Valen proceeded to give me a side-eye, and then an eye roll. “Why not? It's really not a bad idea—we could keep each other entertained.”

Entertained? Idiot.

A scoff escaped my agape mouth. “Education is vital.”

He laughed, and then grinned at me. “This is college. Live a little, frosty,” he winked, and only that seemed to do a miraculous job.

His gaze was still fixed on me, all while the others went on discussing about the actual possibilities of getting there on time. They all had grins on their faces, and excitement was on the table. By the time I had quietly finished my lunch, and with the incessant interruption of my opinion, it was agreed on that we would all be going.