xiii • threats and happiness

"OMG! IT'S FINALLY HERE!" Bella exclaimed, tapping on my shoulder thrice

"OMG! IT'S FINALLY HERE!" Bella exclaimed, tapping on my shoulder thrice. "I can't believe it!"

I rolled my eyes but Jess joined in with the craziness. "I'm so excited, I can't wait."

Yes, it was finally the week- the most awaited week. Valen's fight crept up on me more quicker than I had expected, and I hadn't given him an answer. He had been asking me all week, and bugging me during classes to be there for his fight. I didn't know why he wanted me there so badly.

"Guys, chill- it's just a fight."

I tried, only for them to shoot glares my way. Okay, they've ganged up on me now, huh?

"You, don't get it," Bella pointed at me, and I unapologetically rolled my eyes. "Someone new is trying to take on Valen for the title, he can't loose this fight or he'll loose the name of being the greatest boxer."

At the mention of Valen fighting with a new boxer, I became shockingly worried- just a bit. It had been two weeks since I started bonding with Valen, and I was pretty pleased with myself that I was able to get along even though it was a little bit. I did get brief sights of Valen whenever I ran across the campus to change classes for lecture.

I couldn't say the same about today because he had been busy training.

"That's the main reason you guys shouldn't be so excited about this," I sighed. "What if he looses his name or worse gets hurt?"

"Aww, look at you caring about him," Bella teased- which had been the only thing she did for two weeks.

"Jeez, He's a friend so definitely I would care."

"Look Bella, she's right," Jess finally spoke, making me glad that she understood what I meant. "Our friend is gonna be fighting, so we should just hope that he wins, but I know he's gonna get some ass kicked real badly. "

"Yes, you both are right, I was just. . ." Bella paused mid-sentence, head bouncing to another direction. "Here comes the Queen bee."

The air around us shifted totally, and with the sarcasm that laced Bella's tone, I knew that a storm had set foot in our space. Jess and I both turned around, Veronica making her way towards us.

Oh boy.

Little Miss perfect got acknowledged by few whipped heads as she sauntered her way towards us, steps airy and confident, slender figure hugged by a romper and above all-this deadly look in her eyes. And when her figure stood before us, we three were bound to let out an audible groan.