xv • bitch and beach

"I HAVE A PLAN to ease this damn college stress

"I HAVE A PLAN to ease this damn college stress."

Austin didn't for once go unheard- everyone had heard every syllable. Jaxon was the first to whip his head in Austin's direction, eyebrows raised, and smile mocking. "Your plans are never good so why should we listen to you this time?"

Austin averted his gaze from us to Jaxon, sending him a bone-chilling glare. "I know what I'm saying, man."

"Let him continue, Jax," Jess said, with the brightest smile ever, eyes twinkling-the kind when you're excited about something.

Austin smiled, intertwining his hands like he was in some sort of interview. "So. . . I thought about it, and it came to mind that we could actually go to the beach."

If I hadn't been paying attention before, I definitely was at the mention of going to the beach, a grin perched on my lips. Jess and Bella's eyes shined brightly at the mention of beach.

"Yay!" they simultaneously exclaimed before letting belly laughs erupt from their throats.

"I've never been to a beach before," I confessed, smile intact, and Bella responded almost immediately; "You've never been to a beach?!"

Of course, I thought, I'm the only one who didn't have a normal life.

"Have you really not been to a beach before, Carla?" Valen asked, eyes lined with sympathy and curiosity, and I shook my head no.

A small nudge on my right side stole my attention away, and when I had turned to Bella, she had a raised eyebrow and a secretive smile on her face. All I did was roll my eyes because that's all she had been doing since she had caught me the other day the kitchen with Valen.

"Well don't worry Carla, you're going to have a lot of fun at Venice Beach," Austin grinned. "When are you guys free? I think I'm free tomorrow."

"Um, I'm also free tomorrow," Valen responded, and both Bella and I responded at the same time.

"Me too."

"ME THREE!!!"

Everyone was free.

"Wow, you guys are going to venice beach tomorrow?" the familiar high pitched voice spoke, heels clicking towards our direction. And whilst I turned, I only hoped for it to someone else but was met with a great disappointment when my eyes found Miss Barbie doll's.

What was she doing here?

And since when did she start coming to Betty's Cafe?!