iv • black out

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE you did that yesterday!" Bella was grinning, eyes wide and glittering with excitement while I was busy shooting glares. How the conversation rolled from school assignments to what happened the previous day still remained a puzzle.

Betty's Cafe was barely crowded so, Bella's voice drew the attention of other customers. The air had humid warmth lingering, and it calmed me down a bit. I picked up my cup of coffee and brought it up to my plump lips that craved for it, taking careful sips from the bitter sweet liquid.

'I'm a boxer.'

His velvet voice kept ringing in my head, like an annoying music put on repeat, and the fact that I almost got into a fight with-a boxer-was infact still shocking.

"I didn't know you were that strong!" She kept on ranting on the things that happened in the cafeteria with the guys and I didn't know whether to keep my poise between calm or annoyed.

"Alright Bella," I cut her off, "I am strong okay? Can we skip that topic?"

"There's no way I'm skipping the topic about some hot guys from the cafeteria."

I opened my mouth to respond but like a ranter she was beat me to it-again. "Do you know what this means? We've met the popular boxer in this college and the descriptions didn't lie, he's damn hot." Slender fingers around the handle her cup, she took a sip from the coffee before placing it back down, which brought about a click as it made contact with the glass table.

I rolled my eyes, bringing a scowl to my face.

She playful nudged my ribcage, "You look better with a smile rather than a frown, fighter." she teased but my mind was far too clouded to consider what she said. Thinking and thinking of the nonentity life decided to send my way.

I let out a groan. "He's so so frustrating!"

"The boxer?"

Throat dry, my heartbeat picked up slightly just at the sheer mention of him, making my blood boil. "Of course the boxer, he was the same guy who messed up my white top on Saturday."

"Really?"

"Yes and what we have is literally hate at first sight."

"You know," she started off, her pearl teeth showcasing. Bella was like an open book of joy and happiness and the smile that laces are glossy lips everyday is uncountable- except that, her grinning this time, seemed way off; sly.