If I'm The Babysitter... Can I Kiss The Daddy? Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

“Max... he wouldn’t let Henri go unless...” It was like my mouth was separated from my brain and talking on its on accord. That’s the effect Jack’s kisses and general presence had on me. This man was dangerous!

“Unless what?” Jack prompted. He kissed me full and firm on the mouth and I was too euphoric to even kiss him back. My heart rate was off the chart as his hot tongue traced over my bottom lip.

“Unless I did something for him,” my stupid big mouth blurted out.

“Care to elaborate on what, exactly?” Jack asked. I shook my head. He wasn’t getting that one out of me, even though the thrills he was giving me were precariously great.

Unexpectedly, I felt Jack’s hand on my waist slide down to my thigh. My breathing accelerated as he slid his hand under my towel.

“Hmmm?” He encouraged. His warm hand came into contact with the bare skin on my thigh and I fought back a scream of ecstasy as I closed my eyes.

“Unless I had sex with him!” I cried out. Everything stopped. Jack’s hand under my towel stopped, his breathing stopped and his kissing stopped. I opened my eyes, still breathing hard from the almost intolerable pleasure I had just experienced. Jack was staring at the pillow with glazed eyes. I realized that what I’d just told him would probably destroy him.

“Jack! What’s wrong? I’m  sorry I shouldn’t have told you...” I babbled. There was still no response from him. I reached up to touch his frozen face but as soon as my hand made contact with his taut jaw, he whipped his head away from me. He jumped off me and backed away from the bed. The collar of his shirt was open and his  black hair more than ruffled. He looked too cute for words. However, he was staring at me like I was a ghost. I couldn’t believe he’d backed away from me. That hurt me deeply and I sat up, pulling my towel up around me.

“Don’t be like that,” I pleaded. I couldn’t stand it if he left me again. That would destroy me. He stopped staring at me to look at the floor.

“I’m so sorry that you had to go through that, Chloe,” Jack said earnestly.

“It’s fine,” I replied flatly. He whipped his head up to look at me in shock.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S FINE?! IT’S NOT FINE, IS IT?! MY BROTHER, MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD RAPED YOU!” He bellowed across the room. He was shaking with anger and looked distraught. Then I realized that he thought Max had raped me when he didn’t because I had managed to get away just in time. There was hope!

“Jack, Max didn’t-” I began but Jack put his hands up to me.

“No, please Chloe. You don’t have to tell me anything more after I made you tell me something as awful as that like the bastard that I am.” He shook his head and banged both fists against the wall. He stood there for a while, facing the wall in silence.

I got up quietly from the bed and walked over to him. His head was in his hands and he rested his elbows against the wall. I couldn’t see his face so I tugged on his arms lightly. His biceps were tensed but relaxed slightly at my touch and he let his arms fall to his sides. I put each one of my hands on either side of his face and turned his face to me. I gasped when I saw that he was crying. A full grown man crying! Now, that was something I hadn’t seen before.

“Jack! Baby, talk to me,” I begged him, looking into his sad eyes.

“It’ just... every woman I have... he fucks,” Jack said miserably. God, him crying made me want to start bawling. Although I was mesmerized by his crying... it was like witnessing the Northern Lights- something rare and beautiful.