Resident 12: Angela Gomez (Shoemaker-Levy9)

Name: Angela Gomez

Age: 18, almost 19

Gender: Female

Appearance: OPINION: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THE WORLD ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH ACCORDING TO PHOTOSHOP.
Dark hair and bronze skin, Angela looks a bit younger than she actually is but her driver's license reaffirms that she is, in fact, a young adult. Her height doesn't help her case, she's only 5'3 and while that isn't too bad, she occasionally wishes she were taller. She wears a little bit of makeup like mascara or lipgloss but not much more than that because she likes to sleep in late and by then, she's already running late. Also, her hair isn't naturally wavy—it's only wavy because she braids it regularly to get the effect that it's natural.

Personality: CULTURE: LESBIAN SLASHER FILMS ARE GEN Z'S NEW GUILTY PLEASURE.
Notably laid-back, Angela is hard to get worked up and sometimes displays an incredible level of apathy when confronted by angry individuals. In her mind, everyone's angry about something these days so there's no real point in arguing back. Though that isn't to say she's apathetic all the time. She cares a lot about being organized and keeps organized research binders about everything there is to know about Idle with her pretty pastel tabs and highlighters. She likes things that are aesthetic which often compliments her love for queer lit.

History: WHAT TO READ: MADONNAS OF ECHO PARK OR LITERALLY NOTHING.
There's not much to say. Her dad is Mexican-American, and her mom is from Venezuela. She has a chocolate lab named Bombon and a little sister a few years younger who she argues is as smart as Bombon. Their family is Catholic though she sometimes wishes they weren't, not because she's a nonbeliever but because mass is boring. She's originally from Victorville, California, but moved from that cesspool to this new cesspool when she turned eleven and her dad got transferred to Idle to become the new deputy sheriff of this town. The only thing worse than getting mugged in Victimville when helping an old lady cross the street is having to listen to the post office clerk in Idle remark for the hundredth time how big you've gotten since they last saw you, despite having seen you yesterday and the day before.

Activity: EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! MAYOR FACES CRITICISM AFTER ALLIGATOR INFESTATION CONTROVERSY! 
An aspiring investigative journalist, Angela writes about local newsworthy events that take place in Idle which she then posts to her website True Blue Weekly which can be subscribed to for one dollar. Or at least, that's what she used to do. Turns out, in a small town like Idle, writing pieces about the mayor committing tax fraud doesn't sell as well as writing about the mayor having an affair with his assistant despite being married. Gossip sells and recently her inflammatory and invasive pieces about the town's residents have enabled her to upgrade her website to something aesthetically pleasing which she's not ready to give that up just yet. That, and it's pretty cool to make money.
Plus, no one can really do anything about her inflammatory articles since her dad is a deputy sheriff.

Oddity: LIFE: GHOSTS SATISFY YOUR DESIRE FOR FRIENDSHIP MORE THAN ACTUAL PEOPLE.
For Angela, writing about other people's personal lives is quite easy when she's a medium and friends with the dead. It's especially great when some of them are vindictive. But no, in all seriousness, ghosts are her closest friends. They give her answers to exams, investigate her dates, and help her with her sleuthing. Though the only stipulation is she can only see ghosts that choose to be seen, not necessarily all ghosts that walk around Idle.