Resident 2: Terre Schaefer (yellowbillycat)

United States Army Criminal Investigation Command, Peoria, AZ.

Interview Date: XX/02/XXXX. 5:00 PM MST.

[START: TRANSCRIPT EXCERPT 1]

SA Buck Neilson (BN) interview of Private First Class Camille Legrand (CL). Also in the room was Jesse McCormick (JM).

BN: –and how do you spell that?

Name: T-E-R-R-E, S-C-H-A-E-F-E-R.

BN: Never heard it rhyme with "stair" before. Weird for a girl's name, don't you think?

Gender: No?

BN: Right. And you said the two of you are the same age.

AGE: Yeah, twenty-two. Why are you using past tense?

BN: Was I? My mistake. Give me a minute [papers rustle]. For Pete's sake. Jesse, you got a pen?

JM: Yes, just

BN: Because Boyd might not have sent the pictures yet. Camille is gonna give you the rundown, appearance-wise, for the posters so we at least have that to use for tomorrow. Write it down. Camille, feel free to monologue while I look for these pictures. I promise I'm listening.

Appearance: Real tall. Six foot even. But even then she isn't the most noticeable person at Boyd on account of the fact that she's pretty willowy, if I'm being honest. Terre's got one of those old faces, I guess. Blue eyes like a doll. She keeps her hair long and likes to take time to cut it herself [CL coughs]. Oh, and it's brown. Do you have that, Jesse?

JM: That isn't the kind of detail we're looking for.

BN: No, that'll work for right now. Thanks, Jesse. [room door opens and closes]. You said she looks willowy. Is she like that as a person?

Personality: Not really, but she isn't the kind of person you would expect to be in the Army. When I first met her, she was in this weird position where she wasn't very good at her training, but still very determined? You got that vibe that she was like a lot of us in the sense that she didn't have many other options, or that if she did have the option, something went wrong. But she tried her best and was nice enough, which is how we came to know one another, become friends. We had similar upbringings, so that helped.

BN: How so?

History: [X]. And Terre, she was born and raised on this base up in Canada for the most part, so there's that connection, right? She never showed me where it was, but I looked it up on Google Earth once and it's empty [BN coughs] up there.

BN: What's it called? Wait. Wait just a minute.

CL: Did you find

BN: No, sorry, sorry. Continue.

CL: It's called Rainbow Lake, though it's nowhere near there. Her parents built it. They're all American citizens.

BN: How does that work?

CL: Ask the Canadians.

BN: I meant with the emptiness and whatnot.

CL: Couldn't tell you.

BN: What brought her down here?

CL: I don't know.

BN: Alright. And before we get into everything else, could you give me some insight as to what she was doing the last time you saw her?

Activity: That would be before I went to sleep. She always falls asleep and wakes up before I do, so I didn't see her at all.

BN: But nothing out of the ordinary when she was with you?

Oddity: I can't remember anything in particular from that day. I always thought it was weird how much she sleeps, though. She gets bad dreams. Real bad dreams.

[END: TRANSCRIPT EXCERPT 1]