Resident 9: Linda Lowes (Then-Harry-woke-up)

Name: Linda Lowes

Age: 38, but she looks great for her age!

Gender: Female

Appearance: Linda is a skinny, shorter-than-average white woman. She has flawlessly curled blonde hair and judgemental light brown eyes. Her lips are always painted red and often pulled into a forced smile. Linda wears well-kept, expensive clothing, usually in light or pastel colours. She always looks, for lack of a better word, perfect. She does have a slight skin condition, however, which causes her skin to be very cold with a grey-yellow complexion. She covers it with make-up, of course, and it would be very rude to point it out.

Personality: On first meeting Linda, strangers would easily be forgiven for thinking she's a warm and welcoming person. Quickly, they would learn that the veil of friendliness barely conceals a controlling woman who wields passive aggression and backhanded compliments like a knife. This isn't to say she's a horrible person; she can be a very pleasant addition to any dinner party, and her close circle of friends swear she's "Really not that bad". She hears all the best rumours and knows about everything happening in the town. Linda simply hates any impression of strangeness or unusuality, and would prefer if it's more weird residents would do the polite thing and pretend they weren't weird. She wants Idle to be a nice, normal town filled with nice, normal people. And really, would you blame her for that?

History: Linda has lived in Idle her whole life. Some time ago, she was married to a kind real estate property manager named Paul. They had three beautiful children together before he tragically disappeared one night without a trace (this has been the subject of salacious rumours throughout the town, ranging from 'he left her for his mistress' to distasteful speculation of what she did to his body). She bounced back incredibly well. Now, Linda is a single mother of her perfect little family, which includes her 15-year-old daughter Brooklynn and the 8-year-old twins, Paesleigh and Kingston. Brooklyn is growing into a beautiful smart young lady, but Linda does wish that she would perhaps go out and make more friends, and would it kill her to wear less black clothing? Her twins, of course, are perfect angels.

Activity: Linda is a stay-at-home mum, but when her hands aren't full with the kids, she's busy being an active and upstanding member of the community. If there's a group, she's in it; if there's a committee, she chair's it; an organisation, she organises it. She's the head of the Idle Elementary parent-teacher association. She's on the town council. She's a representative of the Idle Homeowners Association. She started the Idle Hands Volunteer Organisation to keep the local teenage ne'er do wells busy. She's the vice president of the Idle Youth Soccer Association. She hosts an exclusive book club that you can only hope to be invited to. And she does it all without breaking a sweat and still sending her kids to school with homemade, healthy lunches every morning. Linda's a professional busybody, and she's very good at it.

Oddity: Her oddity should be making people feel bad about themselves. But Linda hates anything that could be described as an oddity, so naturally she has none.

...Unless you count her rare skin condition. But why would you? Maybe because her heart doesn't beat, and her lungs don't require oxygen, and her limbs detach and reattach a little too easily. Other side effects of her skin condition include never sleeping and feeling no pain. She doesn't eat brains, that would be ridiculous, but she does keep her figure with a strict Paleo diet of raw meat and Rose (sometimes sneaking in live meat on cheat days!). If she gets too hungry, she can become... Cranky. But this doesn't happen too often, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.