The Breeze

Ellian Sage, Barbara Smith Gutierrez Doe, Fable, and Hannele Auclair have been eliminated.

|------------|

"Come on now," Dell says, peering through the twilight from Girlie to the creature and back again. Each trip they take back and forth, her eyes have to leap over the fence which is her outstretched arm. She's not sure what an arm is gonna do to stop a jackalope, but she knows nothing ain't gonna do nothing.

"We ain't gonna come after you lest you turn and come after us... little guy." Girlie and Dell share a glance. The horse is not impressed. Those two in fact had just came after the jackalope, but in a different context. All they wanted to do was to get close so Dell could speak to it. Which she is doing, but in a different context. Unlike the other beasts which Dell talks to, this one seems just as uninterested as beasts would if anyone else was talking to them. It doesn't take its eyes off what's left of the scrub it chose for dinner. Dell feels quite mundane. "What business do you have here?" she tries, the stern timbre sticking in her throat.

The jackalope only bounds away like the breeze.

|-TASK THREE-|

"Did you miss me?" For those of you holding your tongue, now's your chance to come back in a big way. The topic of this task is dialogue! Everyone's favorite thing to write. Right? Good dialogue will usually have solid grammar, a strong voice, and lots of realism, but none of that is actually required. Pretty much the only requirements for this task is a couple of quotation marks. I would recommend centering the entry around a conversation, but multiple, or any other ideas you have are options as well. You could talk to your stranger now, if not being able to last task was tearing you up inside (But if you do so, keep them alive a little while longer). Or maybe you want to spend some time on your plotline and would like to talk to literally anyone else. Maybe you just want to shoot the breeze.

|-WORD LIMIT-|

2500 words.

|-STAKES-|

The 5 lowest scores for this task will be up for votes. Of those, 3 will be eliminated.

|-DEADLINE-|

Saturday, June 26th, 10:00 PM EST