Resident 13: Camren Tarrayo (-Raven-)

Name: Camren Tarrayo

Age: 22

Gender: Female

Appearance: Though none of her features are particularly angular, Camren's expression is most often sharp and severe. Her lips slant into a frown, and what would be warm brown eyes carry a pointedness that can make some feel unwelcome in her presence. To her, eyebrows are for raising, arms are for crossing, and the areas beneath her eyes are for carrying bags developed over years of sleeping late and waking early. Her skin, a tawny beige, is a palette for nicks and scars along her arms, body, and legs—not quite the sort gathered on the playground as a child. She's got a couple of small ones on her cheekbone too, barely noticeable under a touch of makeup. Standing at 5'3, she's small, though the strength she's built up around her limbs gives the illusion that she's a little taller than she really is. She colours her dark hair sometimes, with bleach or dye from the store. It's one of the few things she spends her loose change on—the rest of it gets tucked away for vague hopes about vague futures.

Personality: RBF aside, she's not unpleasant to be around. She isn't rude until she has a reason to be, though the bar for that isn't high. She does smile, and can be sincere, which makes her good company if you're a friend, and she's pretty adept at having fun. Many of her best traits, however, are muddied with faults. She's caring, but not towards many, and often in an abrasive manner. She's cautious, but also guarded and private. She's got quick wits and street smarts, but doesn't use them for the best things, and she's a great negotiator, but also a great liar. Her independence can make her selfish, her boldness makes her stubborn, her humour makes her rude.

History: Her family's circuitous history continues with her. Small town, simple jobs, making enough to get by. Her mother had an exciting early twenties to late thirties, and the specialised hunting gear in the house is proof of that, but she settled down when her brother died in an accident. Her sister-in-law was taken by an illness a few years later, and their son, Camren's cousin, has lived with her family ever since. Since then, life has been interesting but also stagnant in Idle, and Camren would like to leave someday, when she can afford to take off.

Activity: By day, Camren watches the hours tick away from behind the counter of a corner store, scanning and bagging the occasional product. By evening, she works a peak hour diner shift as a waitress. By night, she picks up whatever commissions she has on her "hit list", grabs her gear and heads out. "Bounty hunter," "monster hunter," "ghost buster," whatever term you'd like to use—most of her job centres around taking out creatures with what one would consider..."oddities". Need something taken care of, and she'll do it for the right price. Allegiances won't save you, for she has none, and she'll sell a ghost to a witch and a witch to the sheriff. It's good money, and we all need a sum of that stuff.

Oddity: Absolutely not.