Resident 1: John Doe (TheCatKing)

Name: Call him John Doe. Do not call him Johnny or Jack. It is not his name.

Age: 27 years being John Doe

Gender: Is he a man? What else would he be?

Appearance: John Doe has a face. Some have said it is an appealing face. All have said it is an attractive face in the literal sense of the word, one that draws you near with slowly growing strength. Men as a group necessarily have heights; logically, one can then conclude that John Doe also has a height. It is not logically necessary that men have clothes, yet according to reliable reports about town he possesses those as well, or at least consistently borrows them. He is known to smile on occasion, presumably when the mood takes him. All agree that when he smiles it is a most inviting smile, again in the literal sense. It is important to note that all the teeth which should be in his face are there. These are the facts which can be determined by looking at John Doe.

Personality: John Doe is a person. Remember this--it is important. As a person, he can speak and more importantly does so. More importantly yet, he is heard; for this reason, he speaks only rarely. There are some in Idle who make a habit of speaking with John Doe. They confirm that he is a person and speaks, though what he says is rarely put forward. The sheriff knows where people live and has confirmed that John Doe lives outside of Idle, in a certain manner of speaking which is only true in one especially unhelpful way. It would be more accurate to say he lives in Idle itself, though not in the traditional sense of the term. In the most accurate and only slightly literal way, one could say that Idle lives in him. This is not what John Doe would say, because John Doe is a person who speaks and persons do not speak in such a manner. To describe more of John Doe's personhood here makes no sense: you will see him soon. Approach him. Hear him speak. You will listen, though potentially not understand.

History: John Doe exists. Things which exist have pasts: this is a conditional part of existence. Therefore, John Doe has a past. History is a different matter, for it concerns that which is recorded, in mind or word or page or silicon. This is not a condition of existence, merely an accidental property of some fragments of it. This is what can be said of John Doe's history: that he is, and was for the past 27 years. Before then there was no John Doe. Speaking of history has always been their presumption, and you would be wise not to take it from them.

Activity: John Doe is an active man. Active men are those who do. Therefore, he does. What he does specifically depends on the day. Usually he breathes and beats his heart; he has heard that such activities are healthful. In sunlight, he stands. In moonlight, he also stands, though he sometimes reclines as well. In total darkness, his activities cannot be verified. If he is with his daughter Barbara, he plays games and at times speaks, though she knows better than to listen to him. He does not go to the eastern side of town. Not yet.

Oddity: Is he strange? It is presumptuous to ask such things, but he makes no secret of it: he is the only John Doe in Idle, perhaps in the entirety of Arizona. He cannot be certain of the second of these, as he does not leave Idle. Perhaps once he goes to the eastern side of town, he will look through the rest of Arizona, just to be sure.