Resident 17: Ofelia Morana (adonian)

Name: Ofelia Morana (oh-fel-yah moh-rah-nah)

Age: Thirty

Gender: Female

Appearance: Ofelia is beautiful—there is no denying that. Her hair is dyed a midnight blue that is only visible with sunlight; otherwise, it appears to be black. It is cut in a bob, the end of it tickling her neck whenever she turns her head. Her face is perfectly sculpted: her cheekbones are high and prominent, her jaw is sharp, and her nose and chin are defined. Dimples adorn her face when she smiles—which is often. She has to appear approachable for her profession, afterall. Ofelia's eyes are the darkest shade of brown possible, and anyone who gazes into them never wants to look away. One thing about Ofelia is that she will always put on the most beautiful of makeup, as well. Her lips are never painted lighter than a fresh-brick red, and her eyelids are never anything more than enhanced with browns and golds.

Personality: Ofelia is whoever she needs to be, but at the end of the day, all she wants to do is help people. To the women of Las Morenas de Morana, Ofelia is a fearless, knowledgeable leader. There is nothing she wouldn't do to help her women protect themselves against threats seen and unseen, known and unknown. To her coworkers, Ofelia is a fiery, argumentative lawyer. There is nothing she wouldn't do to help her clients defy unjust deportations. To her girlfriend, Ofelia is simply the biggest blessing. And to her family, Ofelia is just the newest leader of Las Morenas de Morana, and she must do everything in her power to keep their lineage intact, no matter the cost. It is her job as the eldest daughter of the eldest daughter to ensure las Moranas and their Morenas are protected.

History: Ofelia and her family are originally from Colombia. Though she hasn't been there in years, she and the women of her family travel there whenever another Morana is to be born. All Moranas must be born in the homeland for their lineage to remain intact.

Ofelia completed her Bachelor's degree and J.D. degree at UCLA. She had countless schools offering her aid and different opportunities, but none were close to the desert. It is pivotal that Ofelia remains close to a desert at all times. Once she completed those, she began to practice law in the greater Los Angeles area. She currently works from her office in Palm Springs, but she is taking a short break. A Morena needs her help, all the way in some small town in Arizona, so she will be leaving one small desert for a larger one.

Really, that is all there is to Ofelia.

Activity: Ofelia likes to help, and anything she does or does not do is to help somebody.

Oddity: Ofelia is 100% human. But that doesn't mean the Morana lineage hasn't amounted to more than that. The Moranas...they have been around for a long time, and it is Ofelia's job to make sure she has a successor when the time comes.