Resident 7: Fable (ElleGrenier)

Name: Fable

Age: How long has Fable been spoken of? That depends. There are many versions of a story, many retellings and revisions, but in the end: how far back can one story be traced?

Gender: A good story resonates regardless of genre.

Appearance: Somehow, no two accounts of Fable quite line up. Some describe it as a man, some as a woman. Some describe short, brown hair the colour of tree bark, whereas others speak of long pink hair which may or may not be a wig—the correlation between the way accounts judge its gender and the hair they wear is tragically unremarkable. Even the colours of its eyes vary, but onlookers at least agree that Fable's skin bears an unusual whiteness most resembling paper. Somehow, none share details on Fable's body below its neck.

Personality: There are those who describe Fable as patient, almost eerily so. When they enter its bookstore, it always sits in the corner of their eye, ready to help but waiting to be called. It is seldom noticed, but its presence leaves a soothing mark in any room, like the familiarity of a friend with whom they are long out of touch. Others tell of a more tempestuous nature, most prompted by disrespect or boredom. Most agree Fable appears to be kind, at least, and are quick to recite times they have counted on its support—even if they never seem to remember any specifics.

History: Every good character has a backstory, surely. But Fable's goes far and wide, and, like many good stories, is best saved for the most relevant moments of our narrative.

Activity: Fable runs the bookshop in town—at least, most can recall seeing it there. It has also been seen at a select few knitting classes, though the quality of its projects are described as far beyond what a beginner student should produce.

Oddity: Many around town find Fable's calm presence somewhat unsettling. Also, it is only ever seen on the east side of Idle.