Chapter 42

Hi everyone, yesterday only managed to update one chapter sorry about that yar.
Moving on

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began blinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and Anusha could hear the murmuring of the rain like the buzzing of angry bees through the window. Anusha paid the Uber driver and opened the door slightly, pushing her umbrella out and opening it before getting down. She walked as fast as she can towards the building as its tipping down. The drizzle of the rain splashes over her as she walked along the corridor, rubbing her arms feeling the cold wind. The front door void of her clothes basket nor any vegetable basket made her frown. She turned and looked at the opposite apartment, eyeing the grill that's locked. She opened her door and waddled inside, sighing as she hugged herself. she placed her handbag carelessly on her couch and opened the umbrella, keeping it next to the door.  

Anusha walked inside her room and unbuttoned her blouse when the doorbell rang.  She quickly walked out with a towel on her shoulders and opened the door.

"Aunty ?" Anusha gasped in surprise seeing the elder woman stuttering standing in front of her door. Thunder and Lightning boomed making both women squeal and yell "Arjuna...Arjuna... Arujuna..."

"Inthe di, naa mele thuni yeduka pone appe malai saral vantuchu, tidirnu rombhe malai athan apidiye unnode thuni yeduthuten...basket inge vecha eeram airum nu veetle vechurunthen..."

Anusha smiled and took the basket. "Thanks, aunty..." The neighbour waved off and quickly hurried inside her apartment before turning back and hollered Anusha's name. 

"Anusha...Nelson ode thoni kude anthe basket le irruke Pavom yennamo peraichanai pole...yaarkudeyo katite ponna kille ...pavom di kalyanam panni yum paru vaicha pondatti seriyele...avane yelatayum handle panre...paru unakelam yevelo help panra..."

"Hmm..."

"Eh Anusha irrudi...unake Nelson pondatiya teriyuma ?"

Anusha coughed and looked at the elder woman nodding her head. The woman rolled her eyes and looked at her. "Yendi appe neeachum solle vendiya thane...paavom nu...unake yevalo help panra, appe kandipa avan pondati yepidi partukuvan...pavom di avan...yenthe pei kitte matikitu tavikirannu teriyele...seri di malaiya irruke...ulluku po..."

Anusha smacked her own forehead and walked inside carrying the bucket.  She placed the bucket in the hall and went to take a hot shower. Anusha closed her eyes moaning slightly as the hot water drizzle down her body. She snorted as her mind recalled the neighbours earlier words. "oru vela nambe konjam overa porumpo" she mumbled to herself as she lathers the soap on her neck and arms.   Anusha's face turned pinkish as she remembered Nelson wearing a lungi arguing with his mother at the market. She smacked her forehead and giggled turning the knob, the water splash on her face. 

Anusha wore a thick sweater and baggy pants and tied her hair into a knot. She walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge before taking out the eggs and vegetables. Anusha smiled and pat her tummy. "Pappa iniki amma simple dish than seiya poren...ninge nalla pappa thane amaitiya sapadunum...amma ke vanthi lam varaveika kudathu..." Anusha grinned as she felt a slight flutter in her stomach. She washed the rice and placed it into the cooker before chopping the vegetables. *DING DONG* Anusha dropped her knife giving a slight shout hearing the sudden bell. she pat her chest and walked slowly towards the door and opened it slightly. 

"Nelson ?!"

The man in front of her hiccuped and gave a small smile. Anusha sighed and closed the door. She unlocked the small clutch and opened the door where the director stumbled inside making her exhale her breath and slammed the door shut.