Chapter 23

Anirudh groaned stretching his hands to the side. He sat up on his bed and rubbed sleepy eyes.

He glanced to the bed and saw the sheets arranged nicely. He tilted his head to the side; hiding his yawn as he stood up and walked towards the washroom.

When he walked down the stairs, he saw Anusha and his mother talking softly. 'Iva yenge kaanom?' (Why is she nowhere to be seen?)

Anirudh smiled and greeted Anusha before placing a kiss on Lakshmi's cheek.

" Hi, when did you come?"

" Ippe than oru 10 minutes ke munadi..." (Just 10 minutes back)

Anirudh nodded and thanked his mother when she placed the coffee mug in front of him.

" Yepothum vantha ava kude than irrupinge...iniki yena ?" (whenever you come home, you'll be with her only. Why not today?)

Anusha giggled exchanging amused glances with Lakshmi. Lakshmi cleared her throat and pinched his arms.

" Saritha yenge irruka nu direct ah ve kekavandiya thane!" (you could've directly asked : where is Saritha?)

Anusha bursted out laughing making him roll his eyes. He took a sip of his coffee and cleared his throat.

" Yenge ava?" (where is she?)

" Sighs...ava kalaile poita university ke..." (she left to the university morning itself..)

Anirudh knit his eyebrows together.

" Iniki Sunday thane...yenna irruke avaluku ?" (Today is Sunday right.. what's there today?)

Anusha looked at him with her eyebrows raised.

" Ungalaku teriyathu ? She is teaching masters level now...athan inimel avaluku Sat and Sun class irrukum..." (Don't you know? She's teaching for masters now.. so henceforth she'll have classes on Saturday and Sunday also..)

Lakshmi sighed and crossed her arms.

" Ippidye 7 days um college nu ava potum...nee composing and recording nu po...velangirum! " (All 7 days of the week...if she'll go to the University and you run to your recording studio, where is this going..)

Anirudh looked at Anusha intently. His eyebrows squished together, lips pressed into a thin smile. His nose wrinkled; his expression changed from disgruntled to shock.

Anusha and Lakshmi frowned watching his face turned red. He stood up from the chair abruptly, hitting the coffee mug, making it drop on the floor breaking into pieces. Anirudh quickly rushed upstairs, nearly bumping into his dad as he cursed himself.

Ravi furrowed his eyebrow and walked downstairs to see Rani cleaning the mess while Anusha and Lakshmi looked worried.

" Yenge, Saritha college ku poita nu sonna odene ippidi pannitu poitan..." (darling, He dropped his mug as soon as he heard that Saritha went to college)

Ravi raised his eyebrows looking perplexed. Anusha bit her lips, wringing her hands together.

" Uncle, oru velai...ava tiripiyum college lam athuvum weekend porathu pudikilaya ? Yenna ava Malaysia-" (Uncle.. Maybe he doesn't like the fact that Saritha is going back to the university.. that too on the weekends.. because in Malaysia.....)

" Apidilam irrukathu ma, Saritha Malaysia le irunthu vanthu rendu naal aguthu...Avan onnum solalaye, Ava avalode Professor kitte pesanuthuku..." (Nothing like that. It's been two days since she returned home from Malaysia, but he never said a word to her, even when she spoke to her professor)