Chapter 11 - Hectic Moments

Start from the beginning

"Oh, it's you, Nino. Good morning."

"Hmpf!" I crossed my arms angrily.

"Since when did you start calling me by my first name? If it was by my last name I'd probably be able to tell."

"Is that so? Can't you tell our voices apart?"

"Yeah, a little bit. But when I heard a softer voice calling by my first name, I assumed it was Miku."

"If it had called you by your last name?"

"Well, the ones who call me that way are you, Yotsuba and Itsuki. But Yotsuba refers to me as 'san'. So it would only be you."

"But what about Itsuki? She also refers to you as 'kun', right?"

"Yea, but she's over here." He said, pointing to the kitchen.

As I got to the first floor, I could see Itsuki entering my field of vision. She was coming from the kitchen while munching on a cereal bar.

"What are you doing up this early in the morning?"

I could tell that she had just woken up. He hair was a bit messy and she was still in her PJs.

"Hungry." She said, walking past the both of us and heading back to her room.

"I'll hand you these back once I'm done." Y/N said.

"Sure."

She entered her room and closed the door.

"What's up with her?"

"Hungry." He responded, "She gave me a few exercises she did last night. I'm correcting them."

"She's acting more monosyllabic than Miku. Is this because of Uesugi?"

"Yep. And she's mad at me by association."

"Ugh... that guy always gets on my nerves." I sat next to him, "Speaking of which, I have an idea."

I leaned toward him resting my head on my arms as I looked at him.

"Shoot."

"I can talk to my father so that we can make you our only tutor. You're going to get paid as much as him just so that you can come here to hang with us."

"No."

"Wha- no?!"

He closed his notebook, looking at me with a stern expression.

"Serious talk. What exactly do you have against him?"

"Isn't it obvious? He's creepy, weird, tactless, arrogant and he both stalked and angered Itsuki to top it all off."

"What about the festival when he went out of his way to get you guys together? What about how he always tried to get you guys involved in the session despite how much you lash out at him? What about not giving up on you even after you drugged him? So please tell me why, after all that, you still dislike him. Honestly."

"I see him as an intruder." I bluntly said, "I thought about this just as I was waking up, and I guess it's better if you're in on this as well."

"An intruder?"

"Yes. After our mother passed away, I took the responsibility of protecting my family upon me. I see him as an intruder in our home. A threat to our status quo. I used to see you this way as well, but you're you. And he's... him." I said with disdain.

He leaned toward me, looking me deeper in the eyes. Gosh...I hope I'm not blushing.

"You two have a lot in common, now that I think of it."