Coming through like An Savoir

I hummed

          I hummed. Glancing at the panting Merikh as he tried to catch his breath. He had to run up nine floors. No wonder why he's out of breath. While Miss Stephine over here, is out of breath for another reason. Along with the four other guards. The air was taken out of their lungs as they pounded what was going on. I smiled, hiding it from the women.

"What do you mean by knock out."

"They're all unconscious Stephine." Merikh breath out between pants.

"Who is doing such things."

Merikh furrowed his brows, "It seems like they were heroes." He suddenly perked up, "Yes! They are heroes. And they're storming in."

Stephine looked like she was going to go on a rampage. I mean everything had been going wrong since she had taken me in 'hostage'. That's karma's doing, not mines. Stephine rubs her temples groaning in frustration. She then opened her eyes, her black orbs fell onto me.

With a frown, she turned back to Merikh.

"Our first line of defense is now gone." She said with frustration in her voice. Stephine pointed at Merikh and then at me. "I want you to keep your eyes on her. Make sure she doesn't escape. I'll go address the situation."

She walked past me shotgun me a glare as she went. "Stay put [Y/N]." She then walked past the suited guards, kicking the one on the floor. "Let's go going. And get this over with."

They all filed out of the room. Leaving me and Merikh alone. With a click, the door closed behind them. I listened as their footsteps disappeared down the hall. Now leaving the room encased in silence. I shrugged as I glanced at the clock, it was around seven in the evening. And I still have to buy groceries for next week.

"You seemed fine."

I hummed, "I am."

He sighed and walked up to me. His hands stuffed into his pockets as he came closer to me in proximity. I raised a brow at him as he knew down in front of me. Placing a hand on my head, he ruffled up my hair. My eyes widened as my brain suddenly recalled a moment, I had tried very hard to get rid of.

"If you stay like that, you're going to catch a cold."

The figures appeared at the door. I smiled as it walked in. Revealing the blond-haired male. Who was concerned for me, but masked it up with his smile? He walked over, kneeling down in front of me as I glanced up at him.

I was sweaty and I felt filthy as I laid on the floor. Also coated in sweat. I panted. I had just finished today's training and I felt exhausted. I winced as I felt bruises developed on my skin. Merikh watched me as I struggled to sit up. With a sigh, he lends me an arm. Being the stubborn person I am, I gently smacked his hands away.

"I'm fine." I said with a pout, "And you shouldn't be here. If they catch you, then you could be in trouble." I frowned, "You saw what they did to the other kids."