They Can See

Banging his hand on the door, I shuddered as two loud thumps could be heard

Banging his hand on the door, I shuddered as two loud thumps could be heard. I winced at the bruises that would definitely show up on Aizawa's hand later in the day. He groaned and stepped between the shards of glass again, walking back to the door. Located in the back of the bar for emergencies.

"You know you don't have to carry me everywhere. I could walk beside you. It would make things easier."

"No. Stay with me."

I raised a brow at his blunt response. He didn't seem to want to explain it. So I shrugged off and leaned my head against his figure. Feeling just a bit sleepy. It's been a while since we fought off Gunny. We couldn't find any exits. Someone must've hit the lockdown button because all the doors were sealed shut. Not even a cockroach could get through the nonexistent gaps.

Aizawa has been checking each door every two minutes, just in case the door suddenly opens. I'm just here in his arms, watching him sort through his thoughts. I'm not complaining, though. I felt pretty comfortable in his arms. I smiled cheekily at the thought. That I didn't even notice that we arrived back to the door where we had started from.

Only the pounding pulled me out of my thoughts. It has been like this. By tomorrow Aizawa would probably develop a big ugly bruise all over his hand. I was also pretty impressed that this man could hold me up with one arm. I mean, he did look pretty scrawny under his baggy clothes, but who knows?

I took a whiff of him, trying to make it seem not weird as possible. He smells like mostly black coffee and a nice hint of lavender with his hair products. But I could also smell the scents of a mix of almonds, rainforest, and something salty. But I couldn't pinpoint what that smell was.

Aizawa sighed and walked up to the closest chair, plopping me on it. Before scooting himself into the counter next to me. I frowned. As his touch suddenly disappeared. Sighing, I leaned back, looking at the tired man. My eyes somehow trailed down to his hand. Immediately spotting the red and yellow mixture of color that was showing up on his skin.

Glancing up at Aizawa, who's as deep in thought, I reached over and poked it, wanting to see what expression would show up in his face. As I had predicted, he winced and retracted his hand away from me, shooting me a glare. He rubbed his hand slowly, scrunching up his brows as he tried to keep a straight face in front of me. I rolled my eyes and got up. Trying to place my weight onto my other foot.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? Counting the stars? Starting a fire? Or getting an ice pack for your pretty beaten-up hand? You better get this right. It's a multiple-choice."

I smirked and skipped to the fridge that was in the far right corner of the room. I could hear the tired male get up and join me on this 'fantastic' quest. I yelp as he picked me up. Again. He made it look so easy as he lifted me up and situated me in one of his arms. Like I was light as a feather, or something.