Cars And Airplanes

I sighed as I closed my suitcase

         I sighed as I closed my suitcase. Latching it to kept it close during the ride. Opening my phone, I glanced at the time. Grinning when I noticed that my driver had just shot me a text saying that he had just arrived. And was ready to pick me up. Grabbing my bag and the luggage, I walked down the empty hall.

The sound of my foot tapping against the marble floors. Stepping out of the house, I locked it and made my way towards the black limousine. That was parked outside my driveway. The door flew open, revealing Alex in a suit, all dressed up. He walked over to me, taking the suitcase and bag from my hand before placing them into the trunk.

I shrugged. Entering the car, waiting for Alex to finish what he was doing. Shutting the door behind him, he climbed into the driver's seat. He took out a pack of cigarettes but stopped as he remembered I was in the car. He glanced back at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Go for it."

He smiled, lighting up the cigarette as he took a puff from the head. I watched as he opened the window, trying to savor the cigarette to the best of his capabilities. I leaned back in my seat, glancing out of the tinted windows.

"How's your wife? She didn't kick you down to the couch after you picked me up, did she?"

He shooked his head and chuckled, "Not after that date, she did not. After explaining who you were. Telling her that you were some big shot. She felt proud that I was working for someone like you." He turned around, "She even asked if she could get an autograph!"

He started the engine as he kept laughing away. I smiled at his uplifted mood. The car rolled down the road, turning left and right to arrive at its destination spot. I hummed as I ripped off a sheet of paper, grabbing the closet pen near me. I signed the sheet of paper, writing a nice note on it. I smirked as I reached over and placed it on the seat next to Alex.

I smiled, "Here it is. Tell her. That it's an apology letter from me when I called you over that midnight."

He cocked a brow, "You do know that you don't give out autographs very often, right. So like, I could literally sell this for more money. I'll be a rich man the next time you see me."

I laughed, sitting back at my seat, "Stop sounding like a scum bag. It's a gift for your wife anyways. You better hand it to her and get her permission before selling that."

I watch him nod his head as he continued to drive down the busy road. I yelped as the car halted, shaking the limousine. I peered over the driver's seat and glanced out the window. It was exactly what I expected. A Jeep That was at least three cars away crashed into another car.

"How wonderful." My voice laced with sarcasm, "Alex, stay here. If anything happens to you. Or you feel like somethings going to happen. I want you to exit the car."

He nodded, totally unfazed by my lecture about safety. Alex has been in this situation many times before. I sighed as I swung the door open, jumping off the limousine and making a dash towards the two destroyed cars. I frowned as one of the cars had caught on fire. The diver was still stuck inside. At least the folks were not surrounding the place like a concert. So I could get to them more easily.