Oof- Rejection Is Going To Hurt Bro

(This chapter is not a flashback)

       Staring into space, everything Ash had just said came blurry to me. As if I couldn't identify his words, but I knew what he said. The breeze brush by, my bangs fell in front of my eyes as I look at him in disbelief. I was stunned.

Everything felt like it went by like a rush. It felt like it was ages ago when we walked down the streets of London to the agency, chatting like close friends. It felt like ages ago when Ash had been laughing his ass off in the room. But in the end, I could only see him as a younger brother. And sadly, I couldn't be on par with his feelings.

He glanced at me. A glimmer of hope flashed through his eyes and I was afraid that I would never get to see him happy again. Of course, I had to tell him the truth. He swung his head towards me, the same shimmer of hope in his eyes a moment ago could be merely seen. My throat felt dry and itchy as I opened my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. He frowned, I watched in silence as tears wield up in the corner of his eyes. Not a second later, the same tears, I seen seconds ago trailed down his cheeks to the ground.

"[Y/N]." His voice was shock and his body trembled, "Do you love me?" He sniffled as he clutched a part of the shirt above his chest, wrinkling it, "Do you love me like the way I loved you?"

I was terrified. I have to admit I was scared shitless. I didn't want to break the bond I have with him and all the great memories we shared. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I did love him. But not in the way he loves me. For fuck sake, he had been there through my darkest time, like I been there for his. I'll feel like shit if I crushed his heart, but it had to be done.

"Ashy..." He shivered as he heard me use his nickname. It has been a while since "I-I'm sorry. I can't return those feelings."

He trembled as he clenched his hands into a fist. Tears fell as he continues to look at me. He had the most upsetting expression on him. It teared me into pieces to see him break down like this. After all, I was the one who built him back up. I will do it again. No matter what it takes.

Asher smiled sadly. As he released his hands from his shirt. Glancing down at his hands. He chuckled. Tears blurred his vision and it couldn't stop falling no matter how hard he tried. It was like a never-ending waterfall. He felt hurt in so many ways. To the point where he thought it felt like torture.

One thing for sure. He felt the weight being lifted off his shoulders.

It felt like he was just released out of a metal cage into the big world. Like he had just earned his freedom. For the first time in forever, he felt a wave of happiness wash over him. He smiled, slowly it turned into a small giggle, then it turned to full-on laughter. Actually, he hasn't felt this happy since he found out he developed feelings for me. He sighed, wiping away his tears with the sleeve of his shirt. Calming down from his laughter.