A Dance In The Rain

I froze as Shota started stirring around

    I froze as Shota started stirring around. I silently hoped that he didn't hear me. He suddenly stopped, still sleeping peacefully. I sighed in relief. I took out my phone to see if I had any notifications. I knew I wouldn't fall asleep after the thoughts about the car accident. I squinted as the bright screen lit up. But got used to it after a while.

I smiled as I read my mom's text. She said something along the lines of 'staying safe and getting her some souvenirs'. I sent her a text back promising that I'll get something for her. With a click, I shut off my phone, stuffing it back in my pockets.

————

"We're finally here!" Hizashi yelled, "Where are we going next?"

I smiled as I grabbed our luggage. Taking out my sunglasses from my pockets, I put them on. Hizashi glanced at me weirdly and shot me some finger guns awkwardly. I chuckled.

"The sunglasses are for people not to recognize me. It's been a while since I came back. The news would spread speedily. If someone spots me. And we're heading to my house."

Hizashi fist the air, "Yeah!" He turned to the tired male who looked much more energized than usual, "Shota, we're heading to [Y/N]'s house! Aren't you excited?!"

"I'm sure am," Nerumi commented.

We exited the airport in one piece. Luckily the blond didn't run up to everything he saw. Or we'll be spending a day in minimum in the airport. Dragging my bags behind me, I stopped at the sidewalk, glancing around the familiar street.

"[Y/N]!"

I smiled at the figure in the car. My colleagues glanced at me in confusion as I waved back to the girl. Signaling them to follow me, we walked up to the shiny black limousine.

"Hey, Jade." I leaned in the window, "How have you been."

She grinned, "I was so excited when Ingrid informed me that you were coming back to visit for a whole week!" She pointed to the back, "Sheryl and Winnie are here too."

I smiled and waved at them. They returned my smile with one of their own. Jade popped open the trunk, letting us place our luggage's inside. Right after, she opened the door, letting us in the car. Hizashi was the first one to board, too excited for everything. Eventually, I boarded the car, closing the door behind me. Jade glanced at me.

"Where we going."

"If you could. Drop us off at the Deli I always went to and take the pieces of luggage into my house. I'm sure you know the PIN number."

She nodded, "On it."

"[Y/N] how are you so rich?" Hizashi asked, "You have an agency here too, right?"

"Yeah. I do. But I guess hard work pays off."

I answered. He nodded as he engaged in a conversation with Nerumi. Talking about tourist spots in Europe. Before I knew it, we had arrived at the deli. The car pulled over. Jade turned over to us with a smile.