Reunion

"Hey! It's pro hero White-Noise!"

Someone shouted out from the crowd. I watch as the black eyes snap up to look at me. I immediately felt embarrassed and looked away, pretending that I didn't see anything.

My attention was brought back to the fight when a painful scream echo throughout the air. Pushing all the thoughts to the back of my head for now. I rushed in equipped to fight or back the heroes up.

The destroyed pavement on the road just made it harder to run through to reach the commotion, but I'll manage. I shook my head in disapproval as I remembered I left something in my suitcases.

Why can't I just lose myself? That would be much easier. I mean, I was about to die anyway because I left my support gear in my luggage with the rest of my clothes.

My frown was lifted as a grin replaced it when I found something in the pocket of my hero costume. I took it out and examined it, I didn't want it to break during the fight or I'll just slow everybody down.

It was an old version of my support gear when I first developed it. It wasn't as good as the newest one. But like always, something is better than nothing, right?

I slapped it on, adjusting every strap and little pieces of metal in place. I stick my hands back into my pockets, searching for something that could easily save some time. At this point, I was so close to the battle field, and I wasn't ready yet.

Gotta love life.

I let out a sigh of relief as I pulled out what I was looking for. I bit off the opening before sticking it into the tank, filling it up quickly. I jumped up as I clutched my hand together forming a fist.

A string of black substance shot out as I angled it perfectly, making it warp around the street lamp. I enjoyed the breeze as I zipped onto the streetlamp. Now perched on it, I looked down at the fight and the onlookers who had their eyes on me the entire time.

I scanned the scene beneath me, local heroes were highly injured as they fought with the injected individuals. Causing a rather loud and useless ruckus in the middle of the city. I stood up, popping bones in my neck before I took action.

I finished popping my knuckles when I clutched my hands again. Shooting out another string of black substance. Instead of wrapping it around something, it sticks onto a window. I tugged it once, swung my feet upwards, now running up a building with some help of some equipment.

I jumped from rooftops to rooftops at my top speed. Right as I was above the criminals, I crouched down to catch my breath.

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that whole pie of pizza this morning.

I stood up, still fairly exhausted from the exercise that took place this early in the morning. I sighed, wishing I could just get this over with, even though it has only been a minute and twenty seconds.